Home

Dani POV

It's been a week since I saw Chris and we talked, he's going back to Boston tomorrow and then I'll be joining him on set in a few weeks time. I'm so glad we talked and we seem good. He has text me a few times and he is back to his usual banter with me. I've been avoiding Jack, he became weird after our first date, was kind of pushy about our second and he is always texting me. So I've tried to distance myself a little, I told him I'm super busy right now and dating can be a bit tricky and he didn't seem to like it. Told me he would wait. It's getting a little weird.

Tonight I've finished at the office late again, and I'm looking forward to getting home, having a drink and a bubble bath. As I pull up outside my house, I see Jack standing by the door. I walk over and I can smell the alcohol on him.
"Jack what are you doing here?"
"I missed you" he tries to hug me but I step back causing him to wobble.
"Jack, I told you. I'm sorry I just don't have time right now"
He shakes his head and lets out a deep sigh "your wrong Danielle"
"Excuse me?"
"You want me just like I want you"

"Jack...."
"I knew it the first time I saw you...."
"Jack you spilled coffee over me..."
"No" he shakes his head again "no the first time I saw you, you were leaving your office and you looked so sad. I knew I had to meet you"
"You...."
He chuckles "nope that day was not an accident. We are meant to be together Danielle, we are meant to be"
He walks towards me but I back up towards my door, trying to find my keys from my bag.
"You don't have to be scared. I won't hurt you"

He gets closer and I try to move away but he grabs my arms, pushing me against my door with force. My back hits the door and I groan in pain, he slowly runs his hand up my arms, smiling earily. As his hand get further up, he wraps his hand around my throat and starts to squeeze. I gasp ans try to pull his hand away, he chuckles "don't didn't baby girl. I'll make it all better"
He kisses my neck, just above his hand and his other hand starts to run up the inside of my leg. This won't happen to me, I won't allow it.

I look to my left and see a plant pot, I reach for it and managed to grab it with my finger tips. I crash it down onto his head and he falls backwards in pain. While he is distracted I have quickly open my door and rush inside locking the door behind me. I run to my room, locking my bedroom door too, I hide behind my bed. Watching the door, hoping he wouldn't find his way in. I start to sob as I hear him shouting my name. I thought he was a nice guy, I thought he liked me.

I quickly grab my phone and dial the only person I can think of right now.
"Hey Dani, you okay?"
I sniffle and instantly I hear his tone change "Dani wants wrong?"
I sniffle again trying to control my breathing "Dani speak to me please. Your freaking me out"
"Jjjjjja......jjjjaaccck......he......" I son some more "he tried to.......he attacked me"
"Fuck! Ok dani I'm coming to your okay. Is he still there?"
"Yes"
"Okay. Scott!!!" He shouts "call the police tell them dani address and she's just been attacked"
I hear Scott asking questions and Chris telling him to shut up and do as he's asked.

"Dani I'm on the way okay. Stay on the phone with me"
"Okay"
"It's okay dani, I promise I won't let him hurt you again"
I start to again hoping Chris would arrive soon and this nightmare would be over.