Talks

Chris POV

"Hey Gracie" I gently touch her head stone and sit down in front of it.
"Sorry it's been a while, I've been......well.......god grace everything is a mess. My whole life right now doesn't even feel like mine. I'm in a situation I don't know how to get out off"
I shake my head as I feel the tears fall "I don't know what to do Grace I wish you were here to help me" I place my hand on her grave and silently cry. I don't know how I will make this better and I have run out of any ideas.
"Chris?" I hear from behind me and as I turn I see Dani. She looks so worried, I wipe away the tears and dust my self off.

"Hey Dani"
"You okay?" She asks as I walk away from graces grave.
"Yeah. Just missing her that's all"
She nods "you sure? I heard some of what you said Chris. What mess are you in?"
"Nothing. Don't worry really. I've gotta go anyway"
"Chris wait...."
"Sorry Dani, I'll see you around"
With that I walk as quickly as possible to my car and drive back home. Not that it even feels like home anymore.

Dani POV

He looks so upset, I think Scott was right, something is going on and I really think Chris is in trouble. I grab my phone quickly and call Scott I tell him to meet me at my house. I say a quick hello to Grace, lay the flowers I bought and I apologise for the quick visit but if she was listen to what Chris said then she knows this is important. As I drive home, I think about what I heard, and it dawns on me more and more that maybe there relationship isn't what it seems and maybe just maybe Chris is being forced into this somehow.

As I pull up Scott is already here, he is probably inside as he has a key so I let myself in and I see him sat at the kitchen counter.
"Hey" I say as I walk past him, placing my hand on his shoulder and giving a gentle squeeze.
"Hey, what's up?"
"I saw Chris at the cemetery and he was crying Scott, a lot. He told Grace that he was in a big mess and he didn't know how to get out of it. He's really in trouble"
"I knew it. Did he say anything to you?"
"No. He said it was nothing and he had to
Go"

"Dani what are we going to do?"
"I don't know but we will help him Scott. Did you contact Megan?"
"Yeah she was really weird. She knows something but won't say anything"
"This is getting more and more ridiculous, what if there forcing Chris into this?"
"Megan wouldn't. She isn't like that, she has been with Chris pretty much from the start"
"Okay. So if not Megan then who?"
"I mean Josh is probably the one I would say is the culprit. He's always been a bit off"

"Well it's Shanna's wedding this weekend, so maybe we can get some answers. I don't know for sure some digging around"
"Yeah. I just......Dani I'm worried for him. This is....."
"I know but he will be okay Scott, we will
Make sure of it"
He smiles and hugs me close and we both contemplate what it would mean if Chris has to go the full distance with whatever this arrangement might be.