Feelings

Dani POV

I walk up to Lisa's house and knock before walking in, as I look around I hear voices in the sitting room.
"Hey guys!" I shout through "anyone heard from...." As I reach the room, I see him sat there but he isn't alone.
"Chris"
"Hey Dani" he walks over to me and hugs me awkwardly.
"Hi" my eyes not leaving the stranger sat down "I thought...."
"Shit! I was supposed to come see you yesterday I'm so sorry"
"No worries. You were preoccupied"

I look at him with confusion and finally a light bulb appears above his head "oh right. Yeah" he waves the woman over and I instantly recognised her it's the brunette from the photos.
"Dani this is Cameron, Cam this is my best friend Dani"
She goes to hug me but I pull away, not comfortable with strangers touching me.
"Hey, Chrissy has told me so much about you. It's so nice to meet you"
"He has?"
"Yeah. Can I just say you're so brave with everything you've been through with Gracie and....."

Before she can finish I look up at Chris and I know he sees it in my eyes "you told her about Gracie?"
Chris looks down and she answers "only in a respectful way of course. You know, we were getting to know each other"
"Right." My eyes not leaving Chris as he continues to look down at the floor.
"Well......it was......" I don't even finish that sentence "I've gotta go. Therapy. But I'm sure Chrissy has told you all about that right?"
I walk away and out of the house before anyone can reply. Feeling hurt and betrayed.

Scott POV

I can't believe Chris has told this stranger all about Dani and her life.
"Really Chris?"
He looks up at me and I can see it in his eyes, he's upset he has hurt her.
"I'll go....."
"No you won't. I will"
I walk out of the house and rush after Dani, as I reach her I can tell she is crying.
"Dani"
She turns and wipes away the tears "how could he Scott? That's my life and my trauma and he is just parading it around"

"I know. He is an idiot"
"He really is. I mean this girl, they were photographed what 2 days ago and now suddenly she's here, meeting his family knowing all about his friends private lives. Like what the hell?"
"I don't know D, he seems off. I don't understand what's going on and I can't get him on his own to ask because ever since they arrived she hasn't left his side"
"I don't like this Scott. He has really hurt me"
"I know. Look I know you don't have therapy so where are you going?"

"I think I'm going to go see Gracie, clear my mind"
"Okay. Do you want any company?"
"No. I'll be okay"
"Okay. Well text me when your home and I'll bring round wine and food"
"Sounds good" she hugs me close and I kiss her cheek "love you"
She smiles "love you too"
As she walks away to her car, I feel awful for her. Chris had no right and I don't want to make excuses for him but there is something definitely not right with that girl. She's so off and I'm going to find out why.