Surprise

Scott POV

As soon as I leave Dani's house I give Chris a call, I know he was planning on flying home today because he knew how much Dani would need him. I'm just hoping that still the same because if she's sick then she's going to need him even more.
"Hey Scott everything okay?"
"No. You are coming home today right?"
"Yeah. I'm literally on the way to the airport now why what's wrong?"
"It's Dani...."
"Is she okay?"
"I just left her house Chris and she's throwing up. She's not well and she's going to need you even more now"

"Shit! Okay I'll be home in a few hours and I'll come straight to her"
"Okay. Well I'm heading out now to grab her some bits, so I'll see you soon"
"See you soon"
As I make my way to the store I start thinking about why she could be sick, and then I get a thought what if she's pregnant? I know they slept together, what if they didn't use protection. She didn't have a fever and it seemed to be the smell of the food that caused her sickness. I walk into the store and head straight for the pregnancy tests. It wouldn't hurt to take one just in case.

I grab a few other bits for her, things my sister used when she was sick with her pregnancy's and head back to her house, when I get there I walk in and see her cuddled under a blanket.
"Hey"
She slightly lifts her head and smiles "hey"
"How you feeling?"
"Tired"
"Hmmmm. Okay I have something I need you to take"
"Okay" she says sitting up, I had her the box and she looks at me confused.
"What?"
"Dani, you're sick but you don't have a fever and you're tired and it seemed to be the smell of the burgers that made you sick. Look I could be wrong but...."

"Omg! My period......it's late Scott"
I look at her shocked and then I can't help but smile "I'm going to be an uncle!"
She shakes her head "no! No! That can't be it. Scott......we haven't even talked about us yet......omg! Omg! What if......"
"Okay, woah calm down. Let's not freak out until there is something to freak out over okay?"
She nods and takes the box walking to the bathroom. I sit anxiously waiting for her, if she is pregnant I don't know what is going to happen.

Dani POV

I pee on the stick and wait, if Scott is right what the hell am I going to tell Chris. We've barely seen each other since we slept together, we haven't even discussed what it meant or how we feel and I'm still confused on how I feel. What the hell am going to do?
My timer goes off on my phone and I turn the test around, I slowly unlock the door and walk out to Scott who is already pacing the length of the floor.

He looks up at me "well?"
I hand him the test "looks like you were right"
He smiles and hugs me close "this is so amazing"
"Is it?"
"Dani?"
I walk off into the kitchen and take a deep breath, I don't know what I'm going to do but right now I'm scared and I'm anxious. I never thought I'd be in this situation and now I am I don't know how I'm going to handle it. I can't even talk to the father of this kid because he isn't here and am I really ready to be a single mum?