Maybe

Dani POV

When I wake up the next morning, I find myself extremely warm. My head isn't on a soft pillow and my arms are wrapped around something. I open my eyes and see Chris, sleeping soundly. I'm lay on his chest, his arms wrapped protectively around me and his lips on my head. He looks so peaceful and so handsome. I've always known he was but here like this he looks a different kind of handsome. I lay staring at him for what feels like forever until I hear him say "staring is rude you know"

I look to his eyes and see him smiling down at me, I feel a blush rise on my cheeks.
"Morning" he says while slightly stretching without letting go of me. His voice sounds, dare I say extremely sexy in the morning.
"Morning" he hugs me closer and it makes me smile. I like being in his arms, I like the feeling of his arms around me and his breath on my head. I snuggle down on his chest and he squeezes a bit more which makes me wince.
"Shit sorry Dani"

He loosens his hold slightly and turns me to look at my face.
"You okay?" I nod and hug him again.
"I'm fine, just squeezed a bit tight that's all"
"I'm sorry"
"It's okay. Thank you for staying with me last night"
"Your welcome. How are you feeling?"
"I'm a little sore and my throat hurts but I'm okay"
He nods "how about some breakfast? Anything you want"
"Cinnamon rolls?"

"Of course. Why don't you chill out for a bit and I'll get it sorted"
"You don't have to wait on me Chris"
"I know. But you need to rest, shower or whatever. I want to make you breakfast, we'll order you breakfast because I'm not so good with the cooking"
I can't help but giggle "I appreciate the effort"
"There she is"
"There who is?"
"Dani. You. It's great to see you smiling again"

"Well you have yourself and your bad cooking to thank for that"
He laughs and walks away to make breakfast while I lay there, looking up at the ceiling. Reliving the events of last night but making a conscious decision to not let it destroy who I am. Grace wouldn't want that for me, she would want me happy. Jack will not get the satisfaction of breaking me and I will be okay.

Chris POV

I order us breakfast and sit down in the kitchen, thinking over last night and how dani cuddled into me and how it felt to have her in my arms. Her breath on my skin. I was still madly in love with this woman and last night and this morning just felt so unbelievably perfect. She has been all
I've ever wanted and I don't know how I'm going to cope with just being her friend.

"Chris?" I hear from behind me and I see Scott "you okay? Did I hear screaming last night?"
"Yeah dani. She had a nightmare"
"Oh god! Is she okay?"
"Yeah. I calmed her down and she fell back to sleep"
"With you?"
"Yeah. She needed comfort"
"Chris"
"Don't start Scott okay"
"Your torturing yourself Chris, you still love her"
"Yea Scott I do but right now she needs me, she needs a friend and that's what I'm going to be. I'll push down my feelings and be there for her. That's all that matters right now"
"Chris..."
"I've ordered breakfast if your hungry" I say as I walk past him and out into the garden. I knew he was right but I meant what I said she needs me right now and I can't let me feelings get in the way of that.