Going home

Dani POV

2 weeks later

"Ready to go home?"
I look up and see Chris smiling at me, he is holding a bouquet of lilies and a box of chocolates.
"Most definitely. Are those for me?"
"Yeah just a yay your going home gift"
I kiss his cheek and take them from him "thank you"
"You're welcome. Now princess your carriage awaits"
I can't help but giggle, it felt good to be vertical again, after I woke up in a little bit of a dramatic way the doctors checked me over and kept me in for 2 weeks to keep an eye on me and run tests to make sure I didn't have any further brain issues.

They told me yesterday, apart from my physical injuries I was all good and I could go home as long as I had someone to help me. Chris of course volunteered and so did Scotty and Lisa so I have plenty of help.
Chris helps me into my wheelchair and places my bag and flowers and chocolates on my lap. Rolling me out, I wave goodbye to the wonderful doctors and nurses who have taken care of me and I'm finally free. Chris rolls me to the car and places my bag into the back, before helping me out and into the passenger's seat.

On the way home there is silence, we haven't really spoken about what happened the night of my accident or what happened when I woke up and it's causing some uncertainty in me.
"Chris?"
"Yeah" he says keeping his eyes focused on the road ahead.
"We need to talk......about what happened"
He sighs "about what Scott said to you?"
I nod "yeah"
"Dani I know we do. But can we focus on getting you back home and just take it from there"
"Okay"

After a few moments I take a breath "I had a really weird dream when I was in my coma"
"You did?"
"Yeah. Gracie was there, she looks just as beautiful as always and she seemed so peaceful"
He smiled "what happened?"
"We sat and spoke about everything, everything we never got a chance to speak about when she was alive. She was still my little sister."
"Sounds like a wonderful dream. Maybe that's why you didn't want to wake up?"

"Maybe. Maybe I didn't want to lose her again"
"You know she is always with you"
"I know but it's not the same as having her here"
He reaches over and takes my hand gently running his thumb over my knuckles "I know it's hard for you Dani but she wouldn't want you to be upset"
" I know. She told me in my dream, actually told me off" I chuckle and so does he.
"Do you think maybe it was her? Not just a dream"
"I don't know. I've never really believed in all that but she was the one who told me to wake up"
"She was?"

"Yeah she told me you needed me. You needed my help"
"Well she was right"
I nod "thank you Chris"
"For what?"
"For protecting me"
"Dani I will always protect you"
I smile "my own knight in shining armour"
He laughs "well, I mean I would make a pretty awesome knight"
He continues to hold my hand for the rest of the drive and I like it. I think we will be okay, even after our talk I think our friendship will still be strong. It always has been no matter what.

Collision जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें