Please

Scott POV

It's been a few weeks and we are back in Boston, Dani came with us as Jack still hasn't been caught. She was going to be coming to visit chris on set anyway and as I'm going to be there it just made sense for her to come to Boston and travel with us from here. I've been getting really worried about Chris, I know he still loves her and at the moment she is very clingy to him. I know it's comfort she is seeking and Chris makes her feel safe but I just worry he might get the wrong idea and end up heart broken.

As I walk into his house as I always do I see them on the sofa snuggled up watching a movie like every couple I know, yet there not a couple. Her head on his chest and his arms around her, his fingers playing with her hair. Dani looks up and smiles at me "hey Scott"
"Hey"
"Everything okay?" Chris asks me and I nod.
"Going to go put my bag in the room and make a drink anyone want anything?"
"No thank you" they answer and go back to watching the movie.

I'm his little brother but I feel so protective over him and I don't want to see him get hurt. I'm stuck in such a horrible place as dani is one of my best friends and she has been through hell. Losing grace, leaving Boston and then getting attacked I want to be there for her but I feel like I need to talk to her and get her to see what she is doing.

Chris POV

Scott has been acting so weird lately, I know he is worried for me but I'm fine. I know me and Dani are just friends and that's okay. My feelings for her will go away in time. Right now I just want to make sure she is safe and okay.
"I'm going to go get some popcorn you want some?"
"Yes please" she smiles up at me and leans up so I can get up.
Walking into the kitchen I see Scott standing there with a drink in hand.
"You coming to watch the movie?"

"Don't know. Didn't want to interrupt the date"
"It's not a date Scott"
"Really? Cuz it sure as hell looked like one"
I groan "don't start"
"Don't start what Chris? You know I'm right. Your getting too close again and your going to end up hurt"
"No I won't. Dani doesn't love me like that and that's okay. I'm here for her as a friend, and I will continue to be here friend"
"Fine. But don't come crying to me when your heart broken again"

He storms off to his room and I finish making the popcorn. As I walk back, Dani looks over at me.
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah he's just tired so going to head to bed ready for an early flight"
"Okay. Maybe we should do the same after this movie?"
"Yeah sounds good"
"Can I sleep in your room again?"
"Of course. Nightmares still happening?"
"Yeah"
"It's okay. I don't mind"

"Thanks Chris your the bestest friend I could have ever asked for"
I smile "I've just gotta pop to the bathroom"
I nod and she walks away, I sigh and shake my head. I know I shouldn't, I know I should take a step back and I know Scott is right but I can't. I love dani and I'm determined to protect her from anymore harm.