Damage

Chris POV

I wake up to my phone ringing, I reach across Dani's sleeping body and grab it, seeing Scott's number. As I answer, he looks worried.
"Scott what's up?" I whisper and he looks at me confused.
"Why are you whispering?"
"Because Dani is sleeping"
He gasps in shock and starts to jump around on the spot "omg!!! Yay!!!"
"Shhhhh what's up?"
"Right sorry. Megan called she said she really needs to talk to you"
"About what?"

"Chris.....they realised Dani's photos"
"They what?"
"Her photos they were realised Megan has done what she can put I don't know how bad this is Chris"
I sigh and hear Dani groan in her sleep, she turns to face me and her beautiful smile disappears when she sees the look on my face.
"What's wrong?"
I explain to her what has happened and she sits up in bed, her head in her hands. I hang up with Scott and explain I'll call Megan straight away.

"Dani?"
She doesn't answer, I sit down next to her and gently turn her head to look at me, I see the tears falling and I can't help the guilt that over takes me.
"Dani I'm so sorry"
She shakes her head "it's not your fault Chris"
"Yes it is. I knew this would happen"
"Chris....we will deal with this okay, I'm just sorry"
"What? Why are you sorry?"
"This is going to ruin your image, having me in your life.....Chris.."
I cup her cheeks and kiss her deeply "you have nothing to be sorry for and forget about my image, your all that's matters to me. We will fix this I promise you"

Dani POV

We woke up early that morning and waited for Megan to show up, I didn't think the morning after I finally gave into my feelings would be like this. I thought it would be much more romantic, Chris hasn't said much and I know he feels guilty but this isn't his fault. I see him looking out into the back yard, I can tell he is tense so I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him. He places his hand into mine and he sighs.

"It's going to be okay Chris"
He turns slowly and holds me close "I'm just so sorry"
"Please stop apologising, we knew this was a possibility and I wouldn't change anything for the world. Cameron hates me Chris, I have what she wanted and now she is trying to get revenge"
"We will prove this was her, we can sue her ass for this"
I chuckle "just try to calm down okay"
"Okay" he leans down and kisses me softly "I love you" he whispers and to my surprise and his I whisper back "I love you too"

Before he can say anything the door bell rings, we pull apart and he walks to the door leaving me standing there stunned. Did I just say I love you too? What the hell?
"Hi Dani" I hear from behind me and as I turn I see Megan standing there looking concerned.
"You okay?"
I nod and smile and sit down next to Chris on the sofa, he takes my hand and runs circles over my knuckles.
"So what do we do?" I ask and Megan takes a deep breath and explains everything that will happen now.