Truth

Dani POV

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks since Gracie's funeral and 2 weeks since I slept with Chris, which also means it's been 2 weeks since I really spoke with him. If I've seen him he has made an excuse to leave and he hasn't answered any of my calls. I've texted and he replies with he's busy and will get back to me. I knew I screwed this up, I just didn't understand why Chris hated me. Scott texted and asked if I wanted to go round for a coffee and a chat and I agreed. I've been keeping myself to myself and not really wanting to talk because if I talk about grace I may break again and I can't do that.

As I walk in, I go straight to the kitchen and see Scott making a coffee, as I turn I also see Chris sitting there with his back to me, Scott turns and smiles "hey dani"
Chris quickly turns and I see his face of shock, I guess he didn't know I was coming round.
"I didn't realise you were having company over Scott I'll get out of your hair"
"No" Scott says and pushes Chris back down to sit "you two are going to sit here and your going to talk. I'm sick of all this weirdness, right now dani you need us and by us I mean him. And you know that. So talk please"

He walks out and closes the door behind him, I sit down across from Chris and there is just an awkward silence in the air. He is staring down at his coffee and I'm twiddling my thumbs, literally.
"So....haven't seen you really?"
He shakes his head "no. Been super busy"
"Right. I mean you haven't been answering my calls either"
"Yeah. Like I said busy. How have you been?"
"Not great. Kind of needed my best friend"
He sighs "I'm sorry Dani..."
"Why do you hate me?"

His head shoots up "hate? I don't hate you"
"Really because you haven't spoken to me in 2 weeks Chris, my sister died and i needed you and because of one stupid mistake, you now can't be around me"
"It's not that..."
"Then what? What is it Chris?"
"I'm in love with you"
Silence fills the room and I don't know what to say or do. He stands and starts pacing the length of the kitchen "from the moment I met you, you were this fierce, fiery woman who didn't care who I was or my status in Hollywood. You don't let me get away with shit, you keep me on my toes and you speak your mind. I loved you the moment I met you. But we fell into this wonderful friendship and I didn't want to ruin it so I stayed quiet"

He sighs "but when you kissed me and we slept together I thought maybe.....but you don't and I just need to handle it and I'm sorry I left you only for 2 weeks, I'm sorry I left you when you needed me the most. I'm sorry" he stops his speech and I still don't move or make a sound. I don't know what to say, he's in love with me and I used him to deal with my own grief. I'm a horrible person. I sucky shitty person. I stand and I shake my head, feeling my emotions begin to surface.
"I'm so sorry Chris. I'm......I'm so sorry"
I walk past him and out of the room, out of the door and away from Chris. I hear him shout after me but I just keep moving, far away chris and far away from being able to hurt him anymore.