Chapter 34 - Again ❤️

❤️Adult content❤️

Morgan

I'm headed to the dorm when JD texts me he just got out from the test. He's on his way to practice but he wanted me to know that he thinks he did pretty good. I smile to myself. I'm sure that could have waited until later. I get warm at the thought of him thinking of me and wanting me to know as soon as possible.

I text him back saying I knew he'd do well.

It feels strange knocking on my own door before I open it, but I really don't want to catch Brick and Kat by surprise.

Luckily, Kat is lying in bed, and Brick is fully dressed, sitting on my bed.

"Hey," I say softly. "How is she?"

"She's been sleeping mostly, but her throat is sore and she's got some muscle pain."

"Any fever?"

"No," Kat says in a scruffy voice and immediately coughs. Brick grabs a thermos mug, opens it and hands it to her. He helps her sit up so she can take a sip. "No fever, that I can tell. But I feel like crap."

"Do you need anything?" I ask and stay back a bit. I may love Kat, but if there's no need for me to get sick, then I'd rather not.

Kat shakes her head and groans at the movement. She snuggles back under the blanket.

"I'll sleep while Brick goes to practice." The last words are said with a demanding look at Brick.

He gives her a half smile. "I can stay."

"There's no point. Just go. You're going to be late."

Brick turns to me. "If you don't mind, I want to stay here for a couple more days."

I knew he was going to ask as soon as I saw Kat.

"I need a couple more things," I say and open my closet. I grab some clothes and underwear and a few random items.

"Thank you," Brick says. "I really appreciate it."

"Hey, I get a big room to myself, with a comfy bed and a bathroom I don't have to share." I wink at him. "I should be thanking you."

"It's not horrible living with JD?" Kat asks weakly.

I open my mouth and close it. Now is not the time. "I'll manage," I assure her.

I haul my things to the hockey house and am greeted by an eager Max. She lets me pet her for a while before running back to the living area.

"Hey," Lydia says. "I just stopped by to take Max for a walk. The guys have practice. Want to come?"

"Sure." I leave my things in Brick's room and we head out into the clear winter weather.

Max is eager to be outside and sniffs everything. Lydia keeps trying to teach her not to approach every person she sees, and Max is getting better at understanding the concept that not everyone wants to play with her.

"Is Kat still sick?" Lydia asks.

"Yeah, but she has Brick taking care of her. I just hope it's not going to make the rounds."

"Wes said that Brick's been wearing a mask at practice so he won't get the team sick."

"Sounds annoying," I say and try to imagine all that equipment and a mask.

Lydia shrugs and makes Max sit as a child hides behind his mother while they pass us.

"Did you..." Lydia hesitates and sounds worried. "Did you talk to Brick about the money? I still haven't seen him."