Chapter 29 - Jumble

Morgan

It's dark in the room when I wake up. JD is deep asleep and snoring very gently as I fumble around for my phone. I didn't mean to fall asleep. My body was so relaxed after what we did, I just wanted to close my eyes for a moment.

My phone screen feels extra bright in the darkness. It's one thirty. Using the light from the screen, being very careful not to shine it so I wake JD, I find my clothes and get dressed.

I carefully open the door and hope the rest of the house is asleep as well. I sneak downstairs without incident.

The night is frosty, and there's a light snowfall as I hurry through the, thankfully, well-lit campus to the dorm.

My luck turns when I lean back against the door in my room.

"Morgan?" Kat stirs.

"Shh, go back to sleep." I drop my bag and start getting undressed.

"What time is it?" She reaches for her phone. "It's late."

"Yeah, I lost track of time."

"Weren't you helping JD?"

"I was. We... We ended up studying late and fell asleep."

"Ok." She puts her head back down on the pillow and is instantly asleep again.

I put on my pajamas and get into bed. It wasn't supposed to happen again. I wasn't supposed to have more sex with JD. And also, what the fuck did his parents tell him? He made it sound like... well, like he was the only one benefiting.

But he's slept with loads of women. I know for a fact he has. But never more than once. As far as I know, he hasn't ever had a girlfriend. Could that be because of his strange beliefs? And is this why he's so freaked out about Kat?

It takes me hours of overthinking things before I fall asleep. And the only thing I know for sure is that Mr and Mrs Hartford did not do their kids any favors by the way they taught them about sex.

When I wake up, there's a message on my phone. It's from JD. I hate that it makes me excited. I glance over at Kat, who's slowly waking up.

Good morning. Where did you go?

Back to my own bed, where no one is snoring.

I don't snore.

Are you sure about that?

I've not had any complaints.

Right, because I'm not the first woman he's had in his bed. Not by a long shot. I'm certain the rumors must be exaggerated, but even if they are, he's no virgin.

I bite my lip as I watch him start typing again.

Can you come over tonight again? The test is Monday and I have a game tomorrow and on Friday.

I want to say no, because this is getting complicated, and I don't do complicated. Complicated ends in tears. And if I'm not careful, it'll be my tears.

But I want him. My entire body craves what he gives me.

So I say yes.

As soon as I've sent him the message, I get up and hurry to the shower. I'm already eager to see him again. But this time it'll just be to study. Nothing more. He needs to pass the test and I'm helping him with that. That's all.

But the nerves don't let up and when I meet up with Kat for lunch at the cafeteria, I'm practically buzzing.