Chapter 10 - Blind date

Chapter 10

Morgan

After my classes on Thursday, I head back to the dorm to get ready. On Tuesday, I had another text conversation with breakawayking and we found out we like the same type of music.

As we talked, we figured out we're both obsessed with a local band. When he asked if I wanted to go see them, I immediately said yes.

It's not until I'm getting ready that I realize it's extended the date from a simple coffee to an all night hang out. But I had hoped to see the band anyway, so even if we don't get along, I'll get to listen to some good music.

As I'm picking out my outfit, I get a text.

I know we said no names yet, but just so we have any chance of finding each other, I think you should know I'm in a black hoodie and jeans.

We reiterated that we'd share names when we met and not before. So I have no idea who I'm meeting. I grab an outfit and lay it on the bed.

I'll be in all black. With a gray scarf.

Sounds very goth of you.

Would that be a problem?

No. It might not be what I typically go for, but I guess that's the point of the app.

Well, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not goth, I just like black.

Not even a little goth?

Well, maybe a little. ;)

This is hard, since I have no idea what to expect.

But fun.

So much fun.

I continue getting ready, taking my time with my makeup. When Kat comes home, I'm putting the finishing touches to my hair.

"How do I look?" I spin around and she takes me in.

"Oh, right, it's time for your mystery date. You look good."

"I have a good feeling about this."

"It's just coffee, right?" She puts away her bag and smooths down a strand of my hair.

"Coffee at Dirty first, and then we're going to a bar to see a band."

"Really? I thought it was just a quick first date."

"It was supposed to be." I cram some stuff into my bag. "But we were talking and found out this band is playing and one thing led to another."

"You still have your location share on, right?" Kat grabs her phone to check.

"Yes, it's on, and I'll text you to let you know if he's a creep."

"Let me know if you want me to call you with a fake emergency."

I grab my bag and take one last look in the mirror. "Will do. Don't wait up."

I leave the dorm, and with an eye on the time, I walk over to Dirty. I don't like being late, but I also don't want to be too early today.

As I step into the familiar coffee shop, my heart is beating fast and I'm excited and nervous. I run my eyes over the people there, wondering who I'm meeting.

My eyes narrow as I see JD. He just had to be here for this. I ignore him and keep looking. Maybe he's not here yet.

I glance back at JD. I'm not going to let him ruin this for me. I'll pretend he's not here.