Chapter Nineteen - The Truth

'You had a good race today, I watched you on the telly.' Lola said down the phone to me. Lola and Hannah were back at home watching the race from there together. We had just completed the Dutch Grand Prix.

'P5!' Hannah joined in, 'and your boyfriend was P3'

'About that actually.' I start but trail off

'Oh go on, I've got the popcorn.' Hannah laughs

'The other night, he told me he loved me.' I watched the girls mouths drop open. 'And then he told me he was letting me go, 'because he is bad for me.'

'But he has a girlfriend!' Lola announces shocked.

'It was fake. It's a PR stunt.' I sigh

'Well what did you say. Did you say it back?' Hannah squeals in excitement

'No I didn't.' I look away from the camera. ' I don't even know if I love him. I like him but I don't know if it's love.'

'So what did you do?' Lola asks taking a bit of some popcorn from Hannah

'I said 'Oh. Okay. Shall we head back to the hotel, it's kind of late.' Something like that, I felt awkward and I had a lot of information to process.' I laugh awkwardly

'Have you spoke to him since?' Hannah asked, 'you should talk to him.'

'No. His sniffer dog has been around him.'  I giggle causing the girls to erupt with laughter. 'Also, back in Spa, I saw my dad.'

Their faces dropped and both said 'what?' At the same time

'Yeah. He's the same old. He didn't want to talk to me.' I sigh. 'Oh well, I've got my family.'

'Just really quickly, can we go back to the Charles thing.' Lola asks and Hannah nods causing me to sigh.

'Deny it all you want but you really like the guy.' Hannah said, 'you deserve to be happy. Think about your feelings.'

'I don't know. I'm going to sleep. I'll see you guys soon.' I smile blowing a kiss down the phone to them. I placed my phone on the side table and sat there thinking about what the girls had said.

*********
C H A R L E S   P O V

'I never asked you,' Carlos starts as he takes the seat in the car next to me. I knew what he was going to ask before he even opened his mouth. 'How did it go with Vivian?'

'I erm.' I wasn't entirely sure how to word things. 'I told her the truth about mine and Mias relationship. I also told her that I was actually in love with her. And -'

Carlos interrupted, 'What! How did that go? Are you finally getting together?'

'Erm. Not really, No. I told her my feelings and then I said I am letting her go. I am bad for her when we are together bad things happen.' I sigh messing with a bracelet on my wrist.

'What do you mean?' Carlos raises an eyebrow at me.

'She slept with me, We get stalked and harassed by X, who turned out to be Henry and April. We get told by our social media managers to stay away from each other, I call her horrible names, she crashes her car and gets amnesia. I kiss her in the rain, I have to make my PR relationship public. I take her on a date, her dad is our waiter, she hasn't seen her dad in 12 years!' I sigh putting my head back. 'I'm like a bad luck charm to her.'

Carlos's face said everything. 'Maybe Viv doesn't see it like that? Maybe she feels the same. What did she say after you confessed your undying love?' He gave me a nudge.