Chapter Eighteen - First Dates

B A C K T O V I V I A N

'Hey.' I heard a familiar voice behind me. I stood up from the chair immediately.

'Hey.' I smile as Charles brings me in for a hug. 'You said 15 minutes, it's been 25 minutes.' I frown sarcastically say.

'I was running fashionably late.' He laughs at me. He looks more relaxed now. Now that his girlfriend isn't sniffing around him. 'What do you fancy?'

'Pasta.' I giggle. I can't stop giggling around him lately.

'I know a place.' He smiles at me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Pesto and Pasta is the best creation ever made.' I smile taking a bite of my food.

'I second that.' He smiles at me. 'So tell me about you then.'

'So I was mainly brought up by my grandma and grandad in Yorkshire. My mum was killed by a speeding driver in the middle of the day whilst I was at school. I was only 11 but ever since then my grandparents have brought me up. I am an only child. I was an a star student in school.' I say

'How did you mean Henry?' Charles asks me

'We were high school sweethearts. But before we got together we knew eachother. Our mothers were friends.' I say taking a bite 'How did you meet April?'

'Friend of a friend. She was an attractive lady so I was drawn to her.' He answers shyly. 'How did you meet Hannah and Lola?'

'Lola's mum worked with my Grandma before she retired, so we always have known eachother. Hannah moved to the village when she was 6. Lola and I instantly took her under our wing and we have been inseparable since.'

'When your birthday?' He asked with a smile.

'6th June. Hence my race number 66. The sixth of the sixth.' I take a sip of my wine.

'Wait, I missed your birthday?'

'It was right after my accident. I was still getting my memory back.' I giggle at him.

'What do you like. Like when you're not racing what do you do?' He asked taking the last bite of his pasta.

'I am very family orientated. I love to be around my family. I love travelling, meeting people and I love socialising.'

'Me too.' He smiled again exposing his dimples. 'What don't you like?'

'Rude people. People who be little me. Slow walkers, slow drivers.' I laugh. 'I don't like your girlfriend Mia.'

'Why not?' He acts oblivious

'She's rude. She doesn't treat you right. If you want someone to make you happy Charles, I'd start looking else where because you look miserable with her.' I exhale. 'Sorry it's not my place.'

'It okay. I don't like her either.' He sighs

'So why are you with her?' I push

'It's complicated.' Is all he can say. 'Anyways, I have found someone who I do care about, I'm just waiting for the right moment.'