Chapter Fourteen - Liar Liar

'Are we ready?' I ask Nadia who is standing behind the camera and she gives me a quick nod

I take a deep breath before speaking. 'Hello. I'm Vivian Monroe and I am a driver for McLaren.' I read the que cards. 'My initial contract was a fixed 1 year term but we have decided to extend my contract until the end of 2023. I'm beyond excited to continue my journey with my team here at McLaren. So yes, you will definitely get to see more of Lando and I together. I'll see you guys on the track.' I smile and wave to the camera. 'Did we get it?' I ask once I hear the camera click off.

'Yeah that was great.' She smiles down at me.

'Right well I will see you after qualifying.' I smile getting out of the chair

**************************************************
I qualified p6 at the Austrian GP. My mind was focused on Charles from the other night. Everything I closed my eyes I kept thinking of that kiss we shared the other night. I couldn't let Charles Leclerc distract me from my goal. I hopped out my car and headed over to talk to my mechanics. The paddock was full of some many supporters today but for some reason there was a lot of paparazzi in the paddock.

I had pretty much made up my idea on Charles offer. Maybe going slow was the best way forward. No body had to know. But I had to think about my job.

I see Lando and I give him a wave from where I was standing. I pack my stuff up from the garage and then drive to the Hotel I'm calling home for the next few days.

After a shower and a very much needed room service order, I flicked through my messages.

I had a message from Nadia.

Nadia (PR)
~ Hey, so we don't have to make a statement  about that article published the other day because of this
~ Nadia sent 1 attachments

The article loaded and I sat straight up.

CHARLES LECLERC MAKES HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH MIA MARCS OFFICIAL.

Love is in the air in the Paddock. Today at the Austrian Grand Prix Qualifying Charles and Mia made the relationship public via social media. To many people this has come as a shock as people speculated that Charles was seen getting close to McLaren driver Vivian Monroe.  Charles posted on twitter. 'P1 FOR MY NUMBER ONES FIRST GRAND PRIX.'

I couldn't read anymore.

Vivian Monroe
~ Who the fuck is Mia Marcs?

Nadia (PR)
~ New name to me.

I clicked on Charles' chats.

Vivian Monroe
~ 1 attachment sent
~ What the hell?

Charles Leclerc🏎️
~ I can explain. Please let me explain.

Vivian Monroe
~ You must get a thrill out of messing with my feelings
~ Stay out my way Leclerc

Charles Leclerc🏎️
~ I've upset you I know I have because you have gone back to calling me by my last name
~ I have an explanation. Please Vivian.

Vivian Monroe
~ And to think I believed all them words you said to me the other night, telling me you think you have fallen for me. Lies.
~ I hate liars.

Vivian Monroe Changed Contact Name To : Lying Leclerc. 

Lying Leclerc
~ Vivian please. I am begging you.