Chapter Three - X

Maybe I am the problem.

Drunk actions are sober thoughts.

There is something about Charles that I cannot shake. Sex makes you think crazy thing. Truth be told, mine and Henry's sex lives had not been great. We have been together for 7 years, sex is something that Henry isn't bothered about. The last time I had sex was probably the night he proposed which was over a year ago. Henry is my high school sweetheart. I have known him my entire life. That's why when he proposed, it felt right. But overtime (the past year) things have changed. I work in a man's world. I am a formula one driver. I am 22years old and I have achieved a lot. Henry is a lawyer, I have always been here for him through everything. He has never come to any of my races. The moment he found out I was going to be driving for McLaren , he started working later and later and I would see him less and less. I knew he wasn't okay with my job, but I don't care. I worked my ass off to get to where I am right now.

Charles had recently followed me on instagram. I followed him back of course. Everytime I go on social media, he is always popping up. I can't escape him.

In Australia, I had to retire from the race due to impact caused by Carlos. And in Imola, I finished just outside the points, so I wasn't best pleased with that. 2 very disappointing weekend for myself. I found happiness in the bottle of wine. I made sure to stay well away from Charles as he makes me realise that drunk actions are sober thoughts.

We had a 2 week break between Imola and Miami, which was nice as I managed to spend some time with my friends. Hannah and Lola. I was god mother to Hannah's daughter Jessica. Jessica was almost one years old. Hannah's boyfriend Liam had left her the moment he found out she was with child. Lola and I had been there for Hannah when she was pregnant. Lola was your typical man eater. Everytime I spoke to her she had a new man on her arm. We love a wild child. I headed home to Yorkshire to spend some time with them.

'Can I just say how proud we are of you.' Hannah said grabbing my hand as I took a sip of my drink

'Thanks Han!' I smile holding her hand. 'Where's Lol?'

'Late as usual. What did you expec-' she starts but stops as Lola enters the cafe.

'I know I know I know.' She says sitting in the chair next to me. 'Hey babe.' She plants a kiss on my cheek

I smile and take a sip of my coffee. 'I'm just going to pop to the toilet.' I smile

My phone vibrated in my pocket as I entered the toilet. It was from an Unknown number.

I know your secret. - X
Great, is what I initially thought. Somebody has got my number and now I need to change it. But then I got a second text message.

How can little Henry sleep at night, when his fiancé is being a slut? - X

Yes, I know all about yours and Charles rendezvous. Do as I say and I'll keep my mouth shut - X

The phone slipped out of my hands as they had grown sweaty. A cracked appeared down my screen. Great.

I ran out the toilet and approached the girls.

***********
I could smell the guilt radiating off me. We decided to take a hike in the dales, something we loved to when we was younger. All I could think about was the text messages. I had put my phone on do not disturb to drown out everything.

'Shall we have a rest?' Hannah asked us. She was clearly exhausted. Lola dived onto the bench. I couldn't sit.

'Are you okay Viv?' Lola asked when she looked at me