Chapter Four- Karma is a Bitch

'It's dark why are you wearing sunglasses?' Lando asked as I walked out the airport. 'When I think about it, you've been wearing them all day.'

'Just drop it Lando.' I remarked.

'Is everything okay?' He asked coming closer.

'Lando.' I said clearly frustrated.

'Fine I'll drop it but you're going to have to take them off at some point.' Lando continued.

I took my seat in the car and looked at my phone.

Charles
I can't wait to see you this weekend. I've missed your beautiful face .

I blushed reading his text.

'Is that Henry texting you?' Lando appeared taking the seat next to me. 'I can't wait for the wedding.'

'Lando.' I sighed. 'We ended things. There is no wedding.'

Lando went pale. My phones buzzed

Tell Lando you cheated on Henry with Charles , or I post these photos - X
*3 attachments *

I looked over my shoulders and I couldn't see anything. Who the fuck was X. The photos loaded and photo one of mine and Charles kiss in the taxi. The second photo was of us in the lift. The 3rd was of the night Charles came to my hotel with a rose and he was drunk.

'I made a mistake. A drunken mistake. I cheated on Henry.' My mouth was dry. 'I slept with Charles.'

'Well that's an interesting turn of events.' Lando giggle awkwardly. 'Look I am your friend, you can talk to me. I know how lonely it can be travelling from place to place.'

'There's more.' I said looking around again. 'I actually found out that Henry had been sleeping with a colleague since our engagement. I didn't know about this until a few days ago. Anyways we had an argument and well.' I slid the glasses down my face

'Vivian.' He gasped reaching for my hand. Henry had hit me across the face and chucked me on the floor. When I hit the floor, in typical Vivian Monroe style I hit my head and face on the floor. Hard enough to have some bruised around my eyes. 'Please tell me you filled a police report.'

'No. I felt bad, I don't want to ruin his reputation.' I sighed

'Fucking dickhead. I always thought there was something off with him.' Lando said shaking his head.

'Lando you told me you really like him.'

'I made a mistake. A drunken mistake.' Lando nudged me, clearly mimicking my earlier comment.

**************

I called my grandparents last night to tell the wedding was off. They completely understood. I don't think my grandma liked Henry much. I was raised by my grandma and grandad. My mum passed away when I was 12 and my dad was never around much. Due to their age, they are not able to travel to every race with me. But they promised me silverstone. Henry had tried to call me multiple times but I declined them all. Lola hadn't reached out to me yet to apologise but i knew I shouldn't expect an apology from Lola soon. Hannah was coming to Miami with Jessica and her sister Holly. It was going to be Jessica's first race. I had bought her a little McLaren race suit. Hannah's flight would land tomorrow morning so she would be able to watch me qualify.