Chapter Seven - Plain Slight

I finished 5th in the Spanish GP. I had been invited to an event after the race. I asked Henry if he wanted to tag along with me, to which he agreed. I had made it perfectly clear that we was going as friends. I introduced Henry to Carlos and Max as I made my way over to Lando.

'So get this.' I say to Lando, explaining the whole encounter between Charles and Henry from this morning. I had been keeping up to date with everything that had happened in the past week. Lando was great as he was always there for me to talk to. Other than Nadia, Charles, Luca and now Fred and Andrea, Lando was the only other person who knows about X and the whole situation with Charles.

'I am starting to think that Charles had started to develop feelings for you.' Lando answered talking a sip of his drink. 'Did you seriously bring your Ex to this event?'

'Leclerc did not have feelings for me. He just wanted- I don't know. Let's not go there.' I fake laugh. 'Yeah I asked Henry. 'He came all this way and I basically told him there was no way we could get back together, so I invited him with me. He won't stay long, he's very boring.'

I looked over my shoulder to see Henry still chatting with Max and Carlos. George had made his way into the conversation. My phone buzzed in my hand, I glanced down at it.

Trouble is coming your way. - X

'Oh shit' I heared Lando mumble to himself,making me aware of my surroundings . 'There Charles.'

I couldn't stop myself from looking over at him. He had his back towards us but it was unmistakably him. He had a woman with him, also with her back towards us. She was petite and had dark brown bouncy curls. Charles had his arm wrapped around her back. They seemed close. That must be the woman Charles has rekindled his romance with. Part of me wanted to go other there and embarrass him like he had embarrassed me earlier but the other part told me to stay away and keep my distance. Like I had been advised. Plus it was no use, I would probably embarrass myself even more.

Did you miss me? I'm hiding in plain sight - X

A new message had popped through. Making my heart skip a beat. X was here. There had been so many people at the event, I wouldn't even know who to point the finger at. I could have possibly spoken to X tonight. I could hear my own heart beating in my chest and I'm pretty sure Lando could hear it as well.

'Earth to Vivian.' He said bringing me back to the room.

'I need to leave.' I say bluntly placing my glass down.

'But you haven't even been here an hour?' He raised an eyebrow. 'You can talk to me.'

'I need to go. I'll see you in Monaco.' I say before he can make me stay.

I approached Henry who was now involved in a conversation with Esteban and Pierre. 'I'm sorry to interrupt but something has come up so I need to leave.' I felt on edge and I felt like I was being watched.

'Oh okay.' Henry smiles. 'Do you want me to come with?'

'No No.' I smile back but I really wanted to cry, 'Stay. Enjoy yourself. I'll catch up with you another time.'

Henry nods and I make my way to exit. I felt my shoulder knock into somebody.

'I'm sorr-' I start to say but stop as soon as I see who it was. 'Get out of my way Leclerc.' He stared at me with his angelic eyes and he just smiled at me, exposing those charming dimples. 'You are drunk.' He didn't respond he just keep staring at me. My phone buzzed in my hand.

Leaving already? I thought we was going to end this game? - X

'Kiss me.' I heard him say.

'What? No! Don't be ridiculous.' I frown putting my phone in my bag.

Charles rubbed his hand against my shoulder. 'Kiss me Vivian. Fuck the rules. I want you.'

My cheeks were flushed red at his words but then I remember all the hurtful things he had said. 'Get your hands off me Leclerc or so god help me I'll scream.'

He drops his hands but still continues to look at me with a smirk. The same seductive smirk he wore in the bar when we met. 'I must have hurt you pretty badly, my love. You can't even say my name.'

'Run back to your girlfriend Lec- Char- . You know the rules, stay away.' I stammer, Charles closes the gap between us.

'Fuck the rules. You are the one I want.' He breathes down my neck.

'And as I told you, get the hell out of my way.' I push his to the side and walk away.

Once out the event, I pressed call on an important contact. 'Nadia it's me Vivian. I know it's late but it's about X. Meet me in the hotel lobby at 9 am to discuss this' I say down the phone before she could interject.

'I'll make Luca aware.' Nadia adds to the conversation.

**************************

I sat in the lobby waiting for Nadia and Luca. They were late, I hate it when people are late. My leg was bouncing up and down uncontrollably.

Charles appeared first in front of Nadia and Luca. He took the seat directly In front of me.

'Firstly, I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention this.' Nadia said sitting down next to Charles. 'And secondly, thank you for taking out advise and staying out of the way.'

Luca nodded and continued with. 'We have come up with an Idea. But we should discuss this in a private room, not in hotel room.'

We get up and walk into a conference room. In the room we are greated by Andrea and Fred. 'What's going on?' I asked confused why they were here.

'We have an idea to find out who X is.' Nadia continues. 'X must have been at the event last night, so have printed out a list of who was present.' She hands us each a piece of paper full of names.

'At this moment, Charles had held off making his new relationship public.' Luca commented. How nice of him I thought to myself. The sight of him sat there all smug made me annoyed. 'We are going to stage a date, between Charles and Vivian.'

'The evidence suggest that X only reacts when you are together in Public. So you're going to act like you're together.' Nadia said. 'We think this is perfect way to find out who X is.'

I shook my head. 'No. I won't do it.' I say shaking my head.

'I'll do it.' Charles shrugs his shoulders. 'The date. One date and then we go back to hating eachother.'

I look at him in a displeased way. 'There is a million things I would rather do then go on a date with you.' I spit at him and that made him giggle.

'Do it or ..' Andrea starts.  'Or I loose my seat? Seriously guys?' I shake my head

'Vivian please. It's one night and then everything goes back to normal' Luca pleads with me.

'Fine. Just so you know, when this is all over and if your plan works, I will be getting a restraining order again him.' I point at Charles. 'Are we done?'

'You're dismissed.' Andrea says and grab the peace of paper off the desk in front of me. Carlos Sainz, George Russell, Lando Norris, Vivian Monroe, Henry Jameson. My eyes glanced over the list. Lewis Hamilton, Pierre Gasly, Charles Leclerc. And then I saw it. It made me stop on my tracks. A name I would have never have suspected to be on a list like this.

'Holy shit.' I gasp, 'holy fucking shit.'

'Is something wrong?' Nadia asked.

April Walker.

My fiancé's mistress