Chapter Twenty Three - All Mine

I pressed send on the text to Hannah and placed the phone back in my handbag. Today was Jessica's first birthday. I had been told to handle the birthday cake. I strapped the enormous cake into the passenger seat and began my journey home. I drove really carefully all the way home as the bakery was a few villages over. Hannah had been planing this party for months.

I pulled into my drive way, opened the door and then got the mass of cake from the car. I shouted 'I'm home.' To my grandma as I walked into the house. I placed the cake on the side and realised there was an extra pair of shoes on the floor.

'Grandma.' I shouted again.

'I'm in here Vivian.' I heard her call from somewhere in the house. I followed the voice through the house and found her accompanied by Charles. Charles in my childhood home.

'Hello Charles.' I smile entering the kitchen. 'What brings you here.'

'I came to see you.' He smiled at me again.

'I was just showing Charles some photos of you when you were little.' Grandma laughed holding up a photo of me in a bathtub covered in chocolate spread. It was good to see grandma laugh.

'Of course you were.' I smile taking the photo from her hand to examine it.

'Right, I'll be upstairs getting ready.' Grandma said leaving Charles and I alone in the kitchen.

'I should have called.' Charles said when my Grandma was up the stairs.

'It's okay. I just wasn't expecting to see you again so soon.' I say walking to get the cake from the hallway side table.

'So soon?' Charles questions. 'I haven't seen you since Monza.'

'It was only a week ago!' I laugh bringing the cake back to the kitchen.

'Whose cake is that?' Charles asks opening the lid earning a tap on the hand from me.

'It's Jessica's 1st birthday.' I frown at him

'You know one year olds can't eat cake?' Charles chuckles at me earning a nudge from me this time. He grabbed my arm and brought me in for a hug, planting a kiss on the top of my head.

'Seriously what are you doing here?' I asked speaking into his chest as he still had hold of me. I felt safe there

'I missed you my love.' He said kissing the top of my head, 'do you need a plus one to this party?'

'You want to come to a 1 year olds party?' I laugh pushing away from him.

'I will do anything as long as you are there.' He smiled warmly at me again earning a kiss on the cheek from me.

************************

'Hey Hey.' I called as we walked into the back garden of Hannah's home.

'He-' she started but stop as she caught eye contact with Charles.

'Hello Hannah.' He smiled at her. 'I hope you don't mind me being here.'

'No i-it's fffine y you being here.' She stammered. 'Excuse us for a moment.' She said. I handed the cake to Charles and directed him to the table

'Oh my god oh my god oh my god.' Hannah whispered 'Charles Leclerc is here. Charles Leclerc knows where I live. I am breathing the same air as Charles Leclerc right now. I am going to faint.' Hannah gasped.

'You are okay Han.' I laughed at her

'Is he, are you, you know together?' She questioned me.

'No not yet. We are still getting to know each other.' I say back

'If you don't make your move soon, I think I am going to take your man!' She laughed before heading over to great more guests.

I made my way back over to Charles who had got us both a drink. He was chatting away to Grandma and Holly, Hannah's sister.

After various conversations with multiple different people, Charles eyes caught the attention of someone walking over to us. 'Look who it is!' He smiled making me turn my head. It was only Lola entering the garden accompanied by LANDO.

'You two have got some explaining to do!' I frowned in a jokey way

'How long has this been going on?' Charles chimed in

'About a month.' They both said in unison.

'How?' I couldn't help but ask

'Your Grandpa actually introduced us and yeah we've been talking ever since and we've been dating for a bout a month.' Lando said

'Typical Grandpa. Playing Cupid.' I laughed.

**************

The party at the Hastings Household had started at 4pm and at 10pm we were all still there, apart from Grandma who had decided to go home to bed. Hannah's mother had taken Jessica up to bed as she had grown tired due to the excitement of her party. Hannah's dad had started a bonfire before going to join his wife inside for 'potential romantic time.'

'I feel a bit left out you know.' Hannah announced 'I am the only one who hasn't got a F1 Boyfriend.'

'I know someone who is very interested in you.' Charles reveals looking at Lando who is nodding his head in approval.

'Do share Charles as this is new information to me.' I say talking a swig of my drink.

'Carlos.' Charles said.

'No way.' Lola, Hannah and I say at the same time earning a nod from Charles and Lando

'He gives me a mysterious vibe.' Hannah shares 'I like that.' Hannah starts scribbling something down on a piece of paper. 'Here you go. That's my number. Pass it onto Carlos. Or keep it for yourself.' She winks and blows a kiss at Charles causing Lola and I to erupt with laughter as we hadn't seen Hannah this drunk in a while.

'Hannah is flirting with your man, Viv.' Lando laughs at us laughing

'She can have him if she wants.' I joke

'Hang on a minute.' Lando stops the laughter, 'Where the Fake Girlfriend Charles.'

'Oh you mean Mia. Don't know. Don't care.' Charles chuckle obviously a little drunk

'Oh you means his sniffer dog?' I chime in earning a laugh from everyone. 'Don't say her name to loudly, she might appear.'

'Charles Baby.' Lando mocks Mia's accent earning a giggle from me.

'Oh look Vivian's here, this woman can't stay away from my boyfriend.' I mock the conversation from the other week earning a laugh from Charles.

'The only woman I want is sat here.' Charles nudges me and then wraps his arms around me. 'You are all mine.' He smiles placing a wet beer tasting kiss on my lips.

'I like the sound of that.' I smile when we pull away from each other.