Chapter Two -Drunk Actions are Sober Thoughts

Charles had been haunting me. We didn't stop a kiss in the taxi. I invited him into my room and we spent the night together. We didn't stop until 7am. At the moment I didn't care, but afterwards that's when all the thoughts started creeping in. I felt guilty for betraying my fiance. Charles had drifted off to sleep and I was weirdly watching him. I was admiring his features. I collected my things and left my room. The guilt was consuming me. The hotel had a bathroom near the reception. I shoved my dress into my bag and pull out some joggers and a hoodie. I wiped my makeup off and brushed my hair. I couldn't look at myself.

I met Lando at the front of the hotel, he was going to drive us to the airport.

'How's your head Viv?' He asked as I slumped in the passenger seat.

'I'm good.' I mumbled

'I never saw you leave last night, I guess you got back okay.' Lando questions.

'I got a lift back with .....' I stutter and Lando raises his eyebrow at me, 'I got a taxi.' I finish.

Lando didn't buy it but he just left it. I slept the full flight home. I make it to the front of the airport to pull out my phone to call a taxi to my apartment. At that moment, I got a text from Henry. 'Look up x'

I looked in front of me to see Henry holding up a sign 'Future Mrs. Jameson.' He smiled at me. I had to force a smile. He pulled me into a hug and I knew I had to hug him back. The car ride home was full of Henry talking and me pretending to pay attention. My mind was occupied with other things. Charles for example.

I slammed my body down into the corner of the couch. I pulled my phone out and started scrolling through Instagram. Charles. Charles. And of course, more Charles. My feed was full of him. I flicked over to Twitter and it was all the same. I sigh and slam my phone down on the sofa.

'Did you hear anything I just said, Love?' Henry asked sitting on the chair opersite from me.

I sigh. 'Sorry no I didn't.'

'I am sorry for my outburst last night. I should have never called you a slut. I know that you wouldn't ever cheat on me. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me.' Henry admits. The words 'I know you wouldn't ever cheat on me.' was burning my skin.

I smile but he's looking at me, waiting for me to say something.

'I - Erm- It's- It's okay, you're forgiven.' I smile looking away from him. Maybe I am part of the problem. These outbursts from Henry can always be expected but at the end of the day, I love him. I loved him, or so I thought.

I couldn't admit what I had done. I just couldn't do it. I just knew it wouldn't happen again. He works for Ferrari and I work for McLaren. How often would we cross paths? Plus we were both Intoxicated, drunk actions mean nothing. But I am always telling people that drunk actions are sober thoughts. I drove myself to the airport. I need to get away from Henry

26th March
'Right Vivian. That is P4. P4. Well done.' Bailey bellowed down my radio.

'Yes. Thank you so much guys.' I cried down the radio

'Keep this up and we might even be able to get a podium tomorrow.' Bailey said

'That's the aim Bailey.' I said.

I pulled into the garage and was greeted by Bailey in person, he pulled me in for hug to congratulate me.

'Right so you have got 20 minutes and then you need to go for a media interview.' He smiled at me.

I headed over to get a glass of water and that was the first time I saw him all weekend. He was staring at me from the outside of my garage. We made eye contact and it sent tingles down my spine. He lifted his hand to wave but I turned around and acted like I didn't see him.