Chapter Eight - Crash Bang Pop

A long chapter ahead - get the popcorn ready

Charles.' I shout down a corridor. This was the first time I was able to say him name since he hurt my feelings. This week we were racing in Monaco, his home. He glanced over his shoulder and ignored me. 'I know you can hear me.' My walk turned into a jog.

'What do you want Monroe.' He bitterly said once I caught up to him. 'I don't have time for your attitude today.'

'Can we talk?' I ask placing a hand on his arm. He stopped his fast pace walk to turn and look at me. 'No.' He said and turned the other direction.

'I know who X is.' I blurt out. This past week I had been trying to put the peace's together. 'But I need your help.'

'I'm a driver not a detective.' He shout reaching the end of the corridor.

'Please Charles.' I beg and he just walks away from me. I sigh and accept my defeat. Fine I thought, he had reasons to not want to talk to me.

'You've got 20 minutes and then I'm going.' He reappeared around the corner. My eyes light up when I realise what he said. 'Thank you.' I smile.

*******************************

'The text started 2 months ago when we slept together. The texts only happen when we are together. X is someone we know.' I say to Charles as he sits on the walk out side.

'We know this Monroe.' He sighs.

'Then when we had the meeting with Luca and Nadia they gave us a list of everyone at the event the night before. I saw a name. The name that broke my engagement before it started.' I continue over looking Charles negativeness. 'X is called April Walker.' I hand my phone to Charles. 'She has been everywhere we have been; Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Imola, Miami and Spain.' I hand him my phone.

'Your wrong!' Charles says looking at phone. 'This is the girl I've been seeing.' My eyes widened at his sentence. Talk about sleeping with the enemy.

'You what?' I say taking a seat next to him. 'You need to explain.'

'I met April 2 years ago. We just had casual sex. We were spotted together out and about together a couple of times.' Charles exhaled. ' I called her a couple of days ago and we've been getting close again.'

'This makes sense Charles. She's madly in love with you. She's been following you everywhere, waiting for you to give her another chance.' I stand up from the wall.

'It makes no sense, why would she target you?' Charles added, he had a hint of frustration in his voice.

'Because I slept with you. She also slept with my fiancé. She has something against me. But I don't know what.'

He hands the phone back. 'You're making this up. You're trying to ruin this for me. I might have a chance of being happy here and your making ideas up. If April was X I would know.'

'Why would I make this up?' I snap at him. 'I'm trying to help you here. I want X to go away as much a you do.'

'You are jealous.' He spits at me. He was wearing stone cold gaze. 'I'll go on this fake date with you on Sunday and then I don't want to talk to you ever again. I never want to see you again.'

'You don't mean that Charles.' I say softly because part of me knew he didn't mean it.

'Yeah I do. I wish I never got involved with you. I can't stand to look at you. I hate it when I have to be near you. You make me sick. Stay the hell away from me. I hate you.' He walks away from me, leaving me trembling at his words.