STORMBORN

DRAGONSTONE

A storm is brewing. Rain falls on the beach and the castle, lightning flashes, and thunder crackles overhead.

Daenerys, Tyrion, Varys, Grey Worm, and Missandei are standing in the Chamber of the Painted Table staring out at the storm

Tyrion: On a night like this, they say Aelor Targaryen came into the world.

Varys: I heard stories about that storm. They say the dogs in King's Landing howled though the night.

Daenerys: I always thought this would be a homecoming. Doesn't feel like home

Tyrion: Well I'm certain your Uncle would give you castle you wanted when he takes the throne. We won't stay at Dragonstone for long

Daenerys(smiles): Good.

She looks at the pieces on the table.

Daenerys; Not so many lions

Varys: Cersei controls fewer then half the Seven Kingdoms. The lords of Westeros depise her. Even before your arrival, they plotted against her. Now.....

Daenerys: They cry out for the True King? They drink secret toasts to his health? People used to tell my brother that sort of thing and he was stupid enough to believe it.

She picks up a dragon figurine from the table.

Daenerys: If Viserys had three dragons and an army at his back, he'd have invaded King's Landing already.

Tyiron: Conquering Westeros would be easy. But Aelor's not revealed himself to be King of the ashes.

Daenerys: No

She places the dragon figure down.

Tyrion: We could use the Seven Kingdoms without turning it into a slaughterhouse. If the great houses support Aelor's claim against Cersi, the game is won. With the Tyrell army and the Dorish on our side, we have powerful allies in the south.

Daenerys looks at Varys

Daenerys: I have never properly thanked you for that.

Varys: They joined our side, my lady.

Tyrion eyes him with suspicion in his eyes.

Varys: Because they believe in Aelor.

Daenerys: You served my father, didn't you, Lord Varys?

Varys: I did.

Daenerys: And then you served the man who overthrew him.

Varys: I had a choice---Serve Robert Baratheon or face the headman's axe.

Daenerys: But you didn't serve him long. You turned against him.

Varys: Robert was an improvement on your father, to be sure. There have been few rules in history as cruel as the Mad King. Robert was neither mad nor cruel. He simply had no interest in being king.

Daenerys: So you took it upon yourself to find a better one.

Tyrion: Your Grace, when I was ready to drink myself into a small coffin, Lord Varys told me about a queen in the east who--

Daenerys: You favored my brother. All your spies, your little birds. Did they tell you Viserys was cruel, stupid, and weak? Would those qualities have made for a good king in your learned opinion?

Varys: Until your marriage to Khal Drogo, Your Grace, I knew nothing about you, save your existence and that you were said to be beautiful.

Daenerys: So you and your friends traded me like a prized horse to the Dothraki.