YOU WIN OR YOU DIE

KING'S LANDING-GARDENS

Ned is sitting by himself and is seemingly waiting for someone. Cersei then enters and walks up to him.

Cersei: You're in pain.

Ned uses his cane to slowly stand.

Ned: I've had worse, my lady.

Cersei: Perhaps it's time to go home. The South doesn't seem to agree with you.

Ned: We know the truth Jon Arryn died for.

Cersei: Do you, Lord Stark? Is that why you called me here, to pose me riddles?

He notices the bruise still on her cheek.

Ned: Has he done this before?

He indicates the bruise.

Cersei: Jaime would have killed him. My brother is worth a thousand of your friend.

Ned: [accusing] Your brother....or your lover?

She realizes the implication Ned is making and smirks.

Cersei: [proudly] The Targaryens wed brothers and sisters for 300 years to keep bloodlines pure. Jaime and I are more than brother and sister. We shared a womb. We came into this world together. We belong together.

Ned: [still accusing] My son saw you with him.

Cersei: Do you love your children?

Ned: With all my heart.

Cersei: No more than I love mine.

Ned: And they're all Jaime's.

Cersei: Thank the Gods. In the rare event that Robert leaves his whores for long enough to stumble drunk into my bed, I finish him off in other ways. In the morning, he doesn't remember.

Ned: You've always hated him....

Cersei: Hated him? I worshiped him! Every girl in the Seven Kingdoms dreamed of him, but he was mine by oath. And when I finally saw him on our wedding day in the Sept of Baelor, lean and fierce and black-bearded, it was the happiest moment of my life. Then that night he crawled on top of me, stinking of wine and did what he did, what little he could do, and whispered in my ear, "Lyanna". Your sister was a corpse and I was a living girl and he loved her more than me.

Ned: When the King returns from his hunt, I'll tell him the truth. You must be gone by then - you and your children. I will not have their blood on my hands. Go as far away as you can, with as many men as you can. Because wherever you go, Robert's wrath will follow you.

Cersei: And what of my wrath, Lord Stark? The Lone Wolf should have taken the realm for himself Jaime told me about the day King's Landing fell: he was sitting in the Iron Throne and he made him give it up. All he needed to do was climb the steps himself. Such a sad mistake.

Ned: Hanir's made many mistakes in his life, but that wasn't one of them.

Cersei: Oh, but it was. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

She leaves. Ned watches her go, a wary look on his face.

KNIGHTFALL

Rohar walks into the stables carrying a bale of hay and begins spreading it on the floor. Tarik walks in

Tarik: Feeding the horses?

Rohar: More and more wildings are making their way south, father. They seem afraid of the Long Night.

Tarik: I ventured beyoud the Wall in my youth. Fought alongside the wildings. If they are afraid then we should be too. Winter is coming as the Starks always say and we must be ready.