LORD SNOW

Ned is at front of the party followed by Jory, Komed, Hanir, and Elizabeth. Behind them, Arya, Sansa and SEPTA MORDANE are riding in a cart. As they enter the courtyard, NED gets off his horse and is greeted by the ROYAL STEWARD

ROYAL STEWARD: Welcome, Lord Stark, Hanir Gaston. Grand Maester Pycelle has called a meeting of the Small Council. The honor of your presence is requested.

Ned: [to SEPTA MORDANE] Get the girls settled in. I'll be back in time for supper.

Hanri: [to JORY and KORMED] And, Jory, Kormed...both of you go with them.

Jory: Yes

Kormed: As you command

ROYAL STEWARD: If you'd like to change into something more appropriate...?

Hanir gives him a blank stare as he takes off his gloves

Ned: Elizabeth?

Elizabeth walks forward

Ned: You're in charge until I return. Keep an eye on Sansa and Arya. Do not let them hassle each other

Elizabeth: I won't.

They arrive at the main throne room. Hanir enters and looks around. Jaime is seen sitting on the steps in front of the Iron Throne. When he sees Hanir, he gets up and walks over to him.]

Jaime: [sarcastic] Thank the Gods you're here, Lone Wolf. About time we had some stern Gaston leadership.

Hanir: Glad to see you're protecting the throne.

Jaime briefly glances at the throne.

Jaime: Sturdy old thing. How many kings' asses have polished it, I wonder? Um, What's the line? "The King shits and the Hand wipes."

Hanir: [looking at JAIME's armor] Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it.

Jaime: I know. People have been swinging at me for years, but they always seem to miss.

Hanir: You've chosen your opponents wisely then.

Jaime: I have a knack for it.

Hanir tilts his head giving him a look.

Jaime: It must be so strange for you being in this room. House Gaston once had a standing in royal court. I was standing right here when it happened, Ser Jorah Grey right beside me. Stark's brother was very brave. His father too. They didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that.

Hanir: [bitter] But you just stood there and watched.

Jaime: 500 men just stood there and watched. All the great knights of the Seven Kingdoms - you think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No, Lone Wolf. 500 men, and this room was silent as a crypt - except for the screams, of course, and the Mad King laughing. And later....when I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as Stark's father burned. It felt like justice.

Hanir: Is that what you tell yourself at night? You're a servant of justice? That you were avenging my father when you shoved your sword in Aerys Targaryen's back?

Jaime: [sardonic] Tell me....if I'd stabbed the Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?

Ned: You served him well, when serving was safe.

He walks away. Jaimie remains there with a look of annoyance on his face.

Hanir walks into the small council meeting chamber where Ned is waiting for him. PETYR "LITTLEFINGER" BAELISH, GRAND MAESTER PYCELLE, and RENLY BARATHEON are already awaiting him. Varys is the first to stand up and greet them