◦•●◉✿The Queen of Commons✿◉●•◦

Start from the beginning

"Then be ready to light the way when I tell you to." Daelys tells Ormund.

"I will be." Ormund says in a determined voice.

"I gather you have the Hightowers support too." Dyanna says as soon as Daelys rejoins her and Baela. Rhaena has joined their group too.

"Yes." Daelys replies shortly. "What houses does that leave us?"

"The Tyrells and Dorne." Baela answers.

"Dorne will be hard." Dyanna notes.

"They are not yet under our rule, right?" Rhaena asks.

"No and we won't worry about them unless Rhaenyra tries to gather their support." Daelys says. She looks at the children. "The children are getting tired. Let us get them inside."

The other three ladies nod and they take the children inside. Daelys looks around. "Rhaena, make Barthogan your ward."

"Why mine?" Rhaena asks surprised. "It will make things even more obvious."

"It already is." Daelys states. "We brought a Stark down here. That means only one thing. He is to be married to someone. And the choices are between Aemma, Alyssa and Jaehaera. The moment Jaehaera is sent away, the choices get reduced. And when word gets out that Rhaenys had flown to the North, everyone will be able to guess that Barthogan will marry Alyssa when she is off age."

Rhaena nods. "Alright. I also take it you want me to move to Driftmark?"

"Yes." Daelys answers. "It's best if he grows up away from the influence of Rhaenyra and Jace. And where he is to spend the rest of his life."

"But then you will be completely alone." Baela says. "Jace and I will move to Dragonstone as well. There we are to start another house of Targaryens but they will always be under the banner of the Price or Princess of Dragonstone."

"I see." Daelys says. "It sounds lovely but Rhaena will visit regularly and you will visit her and King's Landing."

"I will." Baela promises. "And I won't hide anything." She adds on seeing the look on her two sisters face.

Dyanna considers whether or not to ask and decides on not. "Rhaenyra has said that Joffrey isn't to marry me. So Joffrey and I have decided to go to Casterly Rock and marry there." She speaks up. "But after today's events, they will be postponed for atleast a year."

"By which time the Progress will be over and I will be free of my duties." Daelys states. "I will be present there myself."

"People will whisper when news about your marriage spreads." Rhaena points out.

"Let them whisper." Daelys tells her. "The more they whisper that Rhaenyra can't even keep her family in control, the more, people will side with me."

The four girls exchange looks. They are truly doing this.

Due to the death of Queen Mother Alicent Hightower, the Royal Progress doesn't stop at Oldtown. Instead it changed it's course and went to Highgarden giving Daelys the opportunity she had wanted. Lady Alys Beesbury is said to hold more sway than Lord Leo Tyrell.

But what neither Daelys nor Rhaenyra had expected was the defeat that all of them would face.

Of course no one is brave enough to talk about the growing tension between Rhaenyra and her heir, Daelys. So when they asked Lady Alys to side with them, she denied them both without a second thought. And the fact that Lady Alys has only one son and no daughters did nothing to improve their situation.