◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦

Depuis le début

"I am not mad at you." Aegon says when he can't bear the tension anymore.

Aemond looks at Aegon but immediately looks away again when his eyes fall on the marks on Aegon's body. Marks created by him.

"You should be mad at me. I did... that." Aemond says forcing the words out of his mouth. "I didn't even fucking hesitate."

"Because you didn't have a choice." Aegon says. He gets up wincing which Aemond notices. "When are we going to try and escape?"

"Like this?!" Aemond asks incredulously. "You can barely stand as it is! We can wait for a few days." He turns away from Aegon as Jace's last words fill his head again.

"What do you think will Daelys say when she learns what you did to him?" Jace had whispered to Aemond so that Aegon couldn't have heard him.

That question kept coming back to Aemond's head and he couldn't imagine Daelys being happy about it.

"Daelys wouldn't hate you for this." Aegon says softly approaching Aemond. He whips around to face his brother.

"How would you know what Daelys will say?" Aemond asks immediately.

"Because she is Daelys Targaryen." Aegon answers. "She gave me a chance when no one else would. And I was nobody or rather someone who was a threat to her claim to the throne. And she gave me a chance. What do you think she will do for you? The one she loves."

Aemond bites his lips looking away. He knows the answer but he doesn't want to hope. It's better to expect the worst than hope and then have the hope shattered. That was why he didn't want to believe that Daelys is alive even when he knew that there was no chance that Jace could have killed her.

"You know the answer. It's upto you to whether or not believe it." Aegon says making his way to the cot in the corner. Aemond stares at him for a few seconds.

"You can handle everything without any problems." Daemon tells Daelys the night before he is leaving. "I am surprised and impressed."

"Thank you." Daelys says. "Is Baela leaving with you?"

"Yes, she has insisted on coming with me." Daemon answers. "When is Rhaenys leaving?"

"In five days." Daelys answers. After hesitating, she asks, "Are you okay with marrying Alyssa to the Stark?"

"If she doesn't want to marry, then I will have a problem." Daemon answers. "Until then, I will wait."

"Very well." Daelys answers. "Talk with the boy first though."

"We will discuss about him after I meet him." Daemon says putting an end to the conversation. "You will still need the Vale on your side."

"Rhaenyra's mother is Arryn and your first wife was Royce. That makes getting the Vale on my side a little difficult." Daelys reminds Daemon. "Especially with your marriage resulting in disaster."

"It was unconsummated." Daemon reminds his daughter.

"Makes things even more complicated." Daelys retorts. "It's a good thing Rhaenyra wants to send Jaehaera to the Vale. Specifically the Runestoone."

"And you are going to stand by it?" Daemon asks slightly outraged.

"Yes." Daelys answers firmly. "And I hope she can get the Royce to side with us. If they do, then so will the Arryns."

"What makes you so certain?" Daemon asks still angry.

"Lady Jeyne's youngest sister is married to Lord Yobert Royce. They have a total of three children together, all of them sons. If we can get even one to fall for Jaehaera, then we have the Vale on our side." Daelys explains.

"And which one do you want Jaehaera to marry?" Daemon asks after a few seconds.

"Andar Royce, the eldest son of Lord Yobert and his heir." Daelys answers. "He's eleven and Jaehaera is ten, it will be the right choice."

"Jaehaera knows the art of sword fighting. What makes you think Lord Yobert will allow her as his son's wife?" Daemon questions.

Daelys chuckles humourlessly. "I don't fucking know what your problem is with the Vale, or maybe I just don't care. But you need to stop questioning every move I make."

Daemon scoffs. "As long as your plans involve me, I will keep questioning them."

Daelys rolls her eyes. "Why did I expect anything else from you?" She mutters. "Alright. Lord Yobert is sick and is expected to not live for very long. He wants Andar married before he dies. Andar is foolish and has no brains. Yobert is looking for someone who can lead his house into a prosperous future. Jaehaera has the brains to do that."

"The way you are going you will have Targaryens placed at every major part of Westeros." Daemon notes slightly placated by Daelys' plan.

"It isn't my fault that we, Targaryens, like our dragons, are present more than necessary." Daelys tells him. "Marrying into our blood hasn't helped us at all other than making us lose our minds or our... family."

Daelys knows exactly what to say to make Daemon agree with her. Daemon sighs. "We will see what happens then, won't we?"

"We will." Daelys agrees.

Rhaenys lands in the yard with a boy who is five years old. Rhaenys gets off Meleys and helps the boy come down.

"Queen Regent, this is Barthogan Stark, youngest son of Lord Cregan Stark." Rhaenys introduces the boy.

"Welcome to King's Landing, Barthogan." Daelys says kindly. It is clear that the boy is afraid. "Consider this your new home." Daelys gives a nod to Rhaenys and she takes the boy away.

Almost as soon as Rhaenys leaves with Barthogan, a messenger arrives. He hands Daelys a letter and reading it, she looks up with a grave face. Her face makes many nervous.

"We need to prepare for a journey to Oldtown." She announces gravely. Her eyes fall on Helaena. "The Queen Mother, Alicent Hightower died during the fourth hour this morning."