"Yeah umm... good idea." Nick managed to formulate.

Matias and Charlie tried to speak but neither succeeded, they just nodded and tried to smile. When they were both out of the hallway Charlie fondly held Nick's hand and continued.

"You're right... I think it's time for us to go and talk, it's late anyway... Can we stay at your place?"

"Sure...but first, I think we should steal us some pizza."

Charlie smiled, clinging to his side. "Thinking about pizza now?"

"Sure..." Nick grinned. "It's always time for pizza. Come on...let's say goodbye to the girls and go get pizza."

Nick slipped one of his arms around Charlie's shoulders and guided them out into the garden.

Actually most of their friends were too drunk and entertained to protest them leaving, and if you asked Nick, Elle and Tao seemed to wish the party would end and they could...be alone. As did Tara, Darcy and Isaac, who were already looking a little tired. Elle and Tao kept their hands on each other, curled up in a chair whispering things in each other's ears. Sahar and Impogen were dancing nonstop, but Nick knew they had plans to leave for dinner soon. Nick managed to grab several pieces of pizza to return home, and on the way back, as they walked through the night streets close together in the cold, he saw Charlie take a couple of bites of a slice, but stopped himself from finishing it.

When they arrived and both changed out of their outfits into a warmer pair of pajamas, they sat cross-legged on the bed, with the bedside lamp on. Nick had lent him a sand-colored hoodie and purple pants, and he himself wore another gray hoodie and red shorts, Charlie was starting to shiver with cold, even though it wasn't that bad... and Nick, touched, wrapped him in an extra knitted blanket.

Charlie looked adorable wrapped in his blanket, taking little gulps of his peppermint tea. Hiding his blue eyes in the steam. Staying mad at him was too complicated when he looked like this. They spent some time in silence, letting each other breathe and caressing each other from time to time... but they couldn't avoid the subject forever.

Lying to each other would be easy... but impossible.

"You're staring a lot." Charlie blushed, as he took another swig of his tea. "Are you cold? We can share the blanket."

"It's just that you look so cuddly...it's not that cold Char." Nick held one of his feet affectionately, tugging it a little to annoy him.

"Another one of the nice effects of my eating disorder." Charlie said rolling his eyes, taking another swig of his tea. It was true that it generated even more chill....

Nick tensed, sitting up a little, since he had already introduced the subject he had to continue. "Char i don't...I don't want to sound out of...place but...." Nick moved the remaining slices of pizza over to their plates. He had devoured his...Charlie hadn't eaten a single one. "I think...it might be a good idea for you to finish the slice you started." Nick didn't know if he was handling it right, but he couldn't just let it go. "I can reheat it for you if you want, or if you don't feel like pizza I can make you something else. I..."

"Nick." Charlie put his tea down and stretched to put it on the nightstand, while holding Nick's foot as he did in affection. "I guess you're just saying that because... Matias told you."

Nick just nodded, unsure how to proceed.

Charlie sighed, and turned to look at the unfinished slice of pizza. He picked it up and took another bite.

"Sorry Char...I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you...I don't know if me doing this is the right thing."

"Don't worry Nicky. Like I said... I have bad days, and good days. Today I was really anxious about the whole surprise and party and Ben and Matias and you and... things got out of control. I promise to be more careful."