Charlie. Forgiving.

Song recomendation for the chapter: This is me trying. - Folklore. - Taylor Swift.
——————————

"Okay... well, I'll pick you up in a few hours. Whenever you say." Nick was parking in front of the park, where he would drop Charlie off to meet Matias and talk.

He looked tense, unsure, shaking his leg incessantly, but Charlie knew he trusted him. It had been a couple of days since the party at Nick's house and the surprise of the century... the reunion with Ben. The group in general wasn't sure if they wanted to invite him over more often, but it had certainly been nice to heal from past wounds. Charlie had arranged to meet Matias in a few minutes at a nearby spot, and Nick had insisted on taking him on his break from work. He picked him up at his college and gave him a ride. They had found it very difficult to be apart after spending three days at Nick's house. Sarah arrived to find a house cleaned from top to bottom, and Charlie and Nick waiting for her with dinner ready.

Charlie had really enjoyed spending this evening with Sarah and Nick, he missed them so much.

"Anything weird and you talk to me and I'm here." Nick held his hand affectionately.

"Of course you are love. Don't worry."

"Is it normal for me to be a little nervous?" Nick looked adorably worried. "Sorry if I sound possessive or desperate."

"The forbidden word Nick." He was scolded by Charlie, and Nick smiled. "Of course it's normal, I am too. But everything will be fine, I'll tell you all about it when you come get me." Charlie opened the car door and reached over to give him a kiss, Nick gladly accepted it.

"You still have a few minutes... Can we talk about something first?"

"Sure." Charlie closed the door again.

"I just don't want you going into a confrontation like this with a bad taste in my mouth."

"What do you mean? I'm keeping the best taste in my mouth." Charlie thought he meant the kiss, and was about to kiss him again when Nick stopped him.

"About Ben and I... I know it was nothing and I don't think it bothered you, but when you came into my house and saw us so close...I don't know, I know you. I want you to know that we were talking about his transformation, like I told you, and there was nothing else going on at all."

"Nick, precious, I don't doubt you," Charlie smiled at him, he wasn't thinking about that one moment at all at the time. When he had seen them no doubt something in him had stirred, but he didn't see guilt in either of their eyes, and was actually more concerned that they were on the verge of punches. Charlie grabbed his never with affection. "Besides, I don't know, this whole situation with Matias has taught me that we can feel a lot of things and that doesn't invalidate anything. Obviously I felt jealous you know, but I don't blame you for wanting to talk to him more."

"Thank you love. It's just that I was panicking that you were going to meet Matias with the idea that i was hiding something from you."

Charlie eyed him doubtfully, and narrowed his eyes.

"You feel like you're hiding something from me?" Charlie smiled at him, suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" Nick looked a little cornered.

"I don't know...was there tension or some flirtatious moment I should know about? I was actually afraid you were going to hit him or something...but was there attraction?"

"...well...I don't know, I mean, Ben is cute sure, but I don't know if I'd say there was tension..."

"¡You got super nervous!." Charlie tapped him on the shoulder, playfully. "You think he's cute then?"