Nick. What you took frome me.

Song recommendation for the chapter: Clearest Blue - Chvrches
———————-

Nick didn't let another second pass when the gym alarm went off and it was time to leave. He thanked everyone for their work and as he waited for the slow kids from the afternoon exercise workshop to come out, he locked up behind him and ran to his car. He only had an hour to get ready to run to the concert, and his blood seemed to be at 100 beats per second.

He didn't know how he managed to drive straight home without crashing.

"Nick! How was class? The concert is today, isn't it?" His mother tried to make small talk to calm him down but he was clearly in a hurry.

"Everything went well mom! I have to run, but I'll tell you all about it later." He had left the clothes Tara had picked out for him on his bed. They looked strange, but it was a concert, and he didn't want to pass up the chance to impress Charlie.

Would it look like I was pretending? I didn't want to pretend to be anyone else. Without much thought he jumped into the shower and showered as fast as he could. He did what he could with his hair, regretted not knowing how to fix it better, and went back downstairs. If he was being honest he wasn't sure where he would be spending the night, so he wisely left his gym bag in his trunk.

"That was the fastest shower I've ever seen." Sara said Nick frantically searched for his keys.

"Charlie starts playing in 30 minutes... do you know where my keys are?"

"Here honey." Sara found them where he always left them, where they should be. "I know you're nervous, but if you get hurt driving you'll deal with me."

"I won't mother."

"And if you drink you don't drive Nicky."

"I know."

"Give them all a kiss for me."

"Of course I will." Nick had to go now.

"Oh and be yourself my sweetie. I know as time goes on you feel you have to show your changes, but remember who he fell in love with in the first place." Nick hadn't talked about how he felt about Charlie at any point, nor about how confused he was.

"Ah but I... I don't know... Charlie and I don't..."

"I wasn't born yesterday honey. I know you. You don't have to explain anything to me now, but remember that both Charlie, Imogen and you deserve to be happy with the one who loves you. It's just not okay to hurt others to achieve that."

Nick didn't know what to say, but nodded and kissed her goodbye.

When he parked next to the center he watched as people came in and out, it was still a while before the concert started so he stayed inside his car to breathe for a second. He didn't know where or how he would meet him. He didn't know what exactly he was going to tell him or what his verdict was on how he felt.

Everyone kept repeating and repeating that "you had to be honest". Even he had made the promise, but he still didn't know what he wanted without a doubt. His breathing began to quicken and out of nowhere he received a message from Tara.

"Where are you?"

"Already outside, sorry. I haven't come in because of my nerves."

"I'm coming to get you."

It didn't take Tara long to appear and get into his car in the passenger seat. She gave him a tight hug and then just looked at him lovingly, she looked stunning in her lavender dress.

"You look super sexy in the outfit I picked out for you, who knew i could dress men too."

"Thanks for that, you always look amazing."