Charlie. Four.

Song recomendation for the chapter: Got me started. - Troy Sivan.
——————————-

Imogen was smart enough, and seemed to be angry enough with Ben's appearance to notice that they needed to change the subject, so she had an idea. Playing Elle's favorite song got everyone dancing, and that allowed time and space for Nick and Charlie to get away from the crowd a bit, before greeting them both.

"Okay, before we get into that situation... Are you okay?" Charlie began.

"Me? Are you okay?" Nick held his hands, and Charlie swore he could have lost himself in his gaze and forgotten all about this, but he knew he couldn't.

"Well... I'm not sure actually. It's true I got a little jealous when he told me he was seeing someone, and it's true we flirted a little when he told me, but I had no idea it was going to be... him."

"And you told him he could bring him along?"

"Sure... but i didn't know who he was... should i haven't told him that?"

Nick didn't answer, just took a deep breath. "And did Karina tell Ben everything?"

"I don't think so, but it could be... Are you angry?"

"I don't know." Nick sighed, being honest with him.

"I'm sorry... I thought it would be good for this whole awkward situation to invite them."

"I guess it was... nice... of you to invite them...I don't think you did wrong...but I don't think it was the best thing for, as you say, this whole awkward situation."

"How do you feel?" Charlie noticed Nick a little jealous and tense, even a little angry.

"Well... I wish I had known ahead of time that he was coming... and I certainly would have liked to know that Ben was his date, but I know you didn't know that when you invited them."

"You're absolutely right, I should have told you I invited them. I'm sorry love...it was something I did out of pride and jealousy, I didn't want him to think I'm not ready to give him what he's giving me with you."

"HE isn't allowing us anything love, we can be together if we want to..." Nick crossed his arms, angry. "But...I know what you mean, you didn't want him to think you were the only one with the right to move on."

"Exactly." Charlie moved a little closer, and stroked his arms. "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make you this uncomfortable, I really didn't think... it's not like I was intentionally hiding it from you."

"I know you weren't...it's not your fault, it would have been a thousand times less awkward if Ben wasn't his date." Nick wasn't looking directly at him, and that started to bother Charlie along with it.

"Wait...are you more upset that Ben is his date or that your boyfriend didn't tell you that he invited them both?"

Nick understood what he was implying, and blushed.

"NO no... I mean obviously it makes me uncomfortable about Ben, but it doesn't bother me... more, it's just aggravating."

Charlie narrowed his eyes, and with his hands on his hips said nothing for a while.

"Suspicious Nick" he smiled a little to make him laugh, and they both laughed for a second, out of awkwardness. "I mean I knew we were...interested in Ben... but now he's making you jealous like this?"

"You're jealous too, don't you?." Nick reached over to grab him around the waist, and stole a kiss on his cheek, though Charlie tried to avoid it. "Aww love, don't get all moody. I swear you're the one who always makes me the most jealous."