Charlie. The future.

Song recomendation for the chapter: Honey. - Troy Sivan.
——————————-

"Should we be worried?" Sahar asked Charlie, as they walked toward Tao's house.

"I don't think so... Nick is angry but he loves Imogen too much to break their friendship or something."

"I've never seen him like that."

"He handles his anger in really weird ways, he either holds it in forever or it explodes into a thousand pieces."

"Do you think he'll forgive me?"

"Of course he will, you just have to show him that he can trust you again... ¿you became very close?"

"Sure, Imogen, Nick and I were the only thing we had from home over there... and that wasn't that far away. We met some nice people over there and built a little circle... I don't know, I feel like I ruined all that."

"You fell in love Sahar." Charlie took his arm affectionately, feeling a pulse of pain from Sahar's telling, wanting to know that side of Nick as well. "You didn't ruin anything. I know you hurt him, and you'll have to make amends for that, just like Imogen, but if Nick understands anything it's the things we do for love."

"I know but... I don't know what would have happened if you and he didn't get together."

"I like to think it was inevitable...but yeah, thinking about that would have been pretty sad."

"How do you feel?"

"Very happy...very nervous of course, but confident that they'll love what we have in mind."

"I'm so nervous... Have you practiced, do you think our plan will work?"

"I gave the song a runaround... I could rehearse yesterday, but I've spent so much time with Nick that I can't... What if my voice fails me and I sound ridiculous?"

"Oh Charlie no, that's not going to happen."

"I've never sung in public and..."

"Shhh, it will turn out amazing, I thought I was the one who needed words of affirmation."

They were already arriving at Tao's house, and before they could even knock on the door, Tao opened it, like a madman, leaving Sahar with her hand in the air.

"Tao... how nice to see you again."

"Yeah yeah, nice to see you, come on in." Tao grabbed them and didn't leave them until they reached his garage.

"Stop acting crazy Tao...everything will be fine." Charlie let go of his hand and grabbed his neck affectionately.

"I'm so nervous... sorry Sahar, hi..." Tao hugged her, though Sahar looked very strange. "It's so good to see you."

"Me too Tao... why so anxious? Elle is going to say yes."

"We don't know that."

"All three of them are going to say yes." Charlie smiled and rolled his eyes.

"WE DON'T KNOW THAT"

"Okay, one, don't yell at me, two, Tao in combination with the party, the beautiful video you made, the installation you have planned, and  Sahars playing with my song, do you really think she is going to say no to you? Tao you could ask her on a little note that you drop in front of her and he'd say yes."

"Do you think I should include a letter?"

"NO" this time it was Sahar and Charlie at the same time. "This is going to be more than enough, really."