Sudden Flu - Taehyung

Start from the beginning

When Taehyung's name was called, they entered the examination room. Taehyung hesitated on the stretcher, and when asked about his symptoms, anxiety silenced him. Namjoon stepped in, explaining "He had a really high fever last night and vomited a lot. He insisted he's fine today, but you can see how pale he is. We wanted to get him checked," Namjoon explained. The doctor nodded, acknowledging Taehyung's visibly pale complexion. "I see that he is really pale. Taehyung, I'm going to check you now if that's okay for you," Taehyung, too anxious to speak, simply nodded. Jungkook, sensing his friend's fear, wordlessly took his hand, offering silent support.

After the examination, the doctor announced, "I'm going to give you something for the fever." As the doctor prepared the syringe, Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, finding comfort in his smile and the reassuring grip on his hand.

However, the moment the needle pierced his skin, Taehyung felt nauseous. Namjoon noticed his discomfort, and the doctor, alarmed, asked, "Taehyung, is everything okay?" before Taehyung could respond, he vomited. Jungkook, his eyes wide with fear, exclaimed, "Taehyung!" in a mix of worry and shock.

Apologizing between gasps, Taehyung struggled to explain, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—" but was cut off. The doctor reassured them, "Everything is fine. This happens very often to our patients."

He then touched Taehyung's forehead, noting, "You have a fever again. Lie down; I'll give you something to cool down your temperature."Jungkook stood up so Taehyung could lie down, and the doctor applied sticky patches to his forehead. "I'm also giving you something for your fever in case it comes back at home," the doctor said, turning to Namjoon. Diagnosing Taehyung with a severe flu, he cautioned, "He can go home, but if he gets a fever over 104, go straight to the hospital."Namjoon nodded gratefully, "Thank you. I'll do that. Don't worry."

---

The car ride back to the dorm was filled with a quiet tension. Jungkook navigated the vehicle skillfully through the streets, occasionally glancing at the rearview mirror to check on Taehyung, who lay with his eyes closed, breathing softly. Namjoon, seated next to Taehyung, supported him with an arm around his shoulders, gently stroking his hair.

"Is he okay?" Jungkook asked, concern evident in his voice as he kept his eyes on the road.

Namjoon sighed, "He's exhausted. The whole doctor's visit must have drained him. Let's get him home so he can rest."

Jungkook nodded, his grip on the steering wheel tightening. The dorm appeared on the horizon.

"He looks so pale," Jungkook remarked, concern evident in his voice. Namjoon sighed, "Yeah, he does. The doctor said it's a bad flu, but I didn't expect it to hit him this hard."

They parked the car, and Jungkook carefully took Taehyung in bridal style, trying not to wake him up.

Once inside, they guided Taehyung to his room. Jimin, who had been anxiously waiting, rushed towards them. "How is he?" he asked, eyes wide with concern.

Namjoon sighed, "Not great. The doctor said it's a bad flu. He gave him something for the fever, but he needs rest."

Jungkook added, "He threw up at the clinic, though. The doctor said it happens, but it scared us."Jin's eyes narrowed with concern. "Let's get him to bed," he decided, leading the way to Taehyung's room

Jimin nodded, worry etched on his face. "I'll get some extra blankets and make sure he's comfortable."

As Jimin hurried off, Jungkook settled Taehyung on his bed. The room was dimly lit, creating a soothing atmosphere. Taehyung shifted in his sleep, murmuring softly. Jungkook brushed a strand of hair from Taehyung's forehead, whispering, "Rest now, Tae. We'll take care of you."

In the living room, the other members had gathered, sensing the somber atmosphere. Jin, ever the responsible leader, took charge. "What did the doctor say?" he asked, concern lining his features.

Namjoon explained the diagnosis and the doctor's instructions. "We need to keep an eye on his fever. If it goes over 104, we have to take him to the hospital immediately."

Yoongi spoke up, "We'll can take turns checking on him throughout the night. He needs someone by his side."

Jin nodded in agreement. "Good. Let's make sure he gets also something to eat."

"I'll stay with him for now," Jungkook said quietly, glancing back at his friend. Namjoon patted Jungkook's shoulder, grateful for the support. "Take care of him. We'll be in the living room if you need anything."

As the night progressed, each member took turns watching over Taehyung. The dorm was unusually quiet, with everyone respecting the need for a peaceful environment. In the room with Taehyung awake and Jimin, who had prepared a bowl of soup, encouraged him to eat.

"You need to keep your strength up, Tae. This will help," Jimin said, offering a spoonful of soup.

Taehyung managed a weak smile, grateful for Jimin's care. "Thanks, Jiminie."

---

As dawn approached, Jin, who had the earliest shift, checked Taehyung's temperature. "It's normal for now," he whispered to Yoongi, who had taken over the night watch.

The next day, the dorm was quiet, and the members went about their activities with subdued tones. Taehyung's condition was a constant concern, and everyone took turns ensuring he was comfortable.

As the day progressed, Taehyung's fever fluctuated, but the vigilant care from his friends remained constant. Despite the challenges, the unity among the members strengthened, and they found solace in each other's company. The dorm, usually filled with laughter and energy, now echoed with the shared determination to see their friend through his illness.