Jasper only smiled down at her, but before he could say anything, a warm, comforting voice sounded from the front door, "Of course you're a good girlfriend. My daughter is such a sweetheart now," Esme said with her usual smile.

Emmett and Carlisle trailed behind her with large bags of groceries. These were the usual groceries they got once a week. They would usually run them to another town's homeless shelter, where they left them anonymously at night after a few days of it sitting in their fridge. The two men began chuckling.

Serafina had a wider smile until she heard the word 'now.' She immediately sat up on her knees and looked at her mother with furrowed brows. "What do you mean by 'now'? I've always been a sweetheart."

Esme walked over to her and cupped her face in her hands as she looked down at her, "Yes, 'now.' You did not make a good first impression on me. You broke my only daughter's heart. You're lucky I didn't kill you," she said as she gave Serafina a loud kiss on the top of her head.

Serafina had a look of horror when the realization hit. Her girlfriend was just like her mother. How was this possible if she were adopted? She wouldn't ever forget how she left back then, either. She began to pout subconsciously. Esme chuckled at her reaction.

Emmett and Jasper huddled together as they watched with their own horror.

"She's never going to let it go either?" Emmett mumbled to Jasper with evident fear.

"Apparently not," Jasper said with the same fear.

"A woman never forgets," Carlisle informed them as he soon joined them.

"I thought that was an elephant?" Emmett asked.

Carlisle smiled warmly at the two young men, "Women never forget either. Especially when it comes to their children."

"It's true," Esme called as she smiled at them, "I am so lucky to have all of you as my children now. I love you all."

Edward soon walked into the door and asked to speak with his parents. Serafina stopped him when she saw Rosalie wasn't behind him. He told her she wanted to be alone but still told her the direction she had gone, knowing she couldn't stay away.

Serafina found Rosalie in the direction Edward said. She sat against a tree trunk and slammed her palms into the floor while directing Paprika to destroy the surrounding trees to her heart's content. Eventually, it would look like a bomb had gone off. Or, if the right people saw it, as though a UFO had landed there at some time. She would bring Emmett by later and see if he fell for it.

"Do not bring Emmett here," Rosalie finally said. She had known her girlfriend was nearby for a while.

"I didn't say I would bring Emmett here," Serafina answered with her brows furrowed.

"You forget that I know you," Rosalie laughed. Her mood immediately began to lighten with Serafina nearby.