43.4

Lex stroked his chin as he watched the monitor for Y/n's cell. The boy had been put in a straight jacket and strapped to a gurney, but he hadn't said a word when he was brought in, nor resisted even when the paralytic wore off. If not for his eyes, that were somehow staring directly at the hidden camera, one would have assumed he was asleep.

"What are you going to do with him?"
Lex glanced at Deathstroke out of the side of his eye. The assassin had been on edge for some reason. It certainly wasn't about his fees.

"What's the problem?" He asked. "It's never mattered to you what I do with your 'acquisitions'."

Deathstroke merely shrugged. "Just sad to see such potential go to waste."

"Not to worry. It won't." Lex smirked then walked out, Mercy waiting for him just outside the door. Deathstroke signed and got to his feet, just hoping this wasn't going to come back and bite him.

Oh," Lex returned to the door. "I'll need you to do one more thing. Poison Ivy."

"Kill?"

"No. Not at all." He shook his head. "I need her alive. Mostly intact if you can manage it."

"Should've said so before we left Gotham. She was literally in a room next to me." Ravager complained from behind her father.

Not now, kid." Deathstroke said firmly. He turned back to his employer. "But she's right. Should have said something."

"Is  that a no?"

"No . Not at all." He echoed with a smile. "But I'll take something other than money for this job." He tossed a pill to Lex. "Can you replicate this?"

"What is it?" He held it up and studied it.

"Some kind of temp super pill. Gave Harley enough of a boost to match me."

Lex silently turned it over and over until he simply shrugged and handed it to Mercy, who put it in a Ziploc bag.

"Well, I can tell you one thing. Ivy most likely made it, probably with her own DNA. So, you want more... "

Deathstroke nodded and put on his helmet. Ravager gave them a wave then with a flash of smoke, the two assassins dissappeared. Lex rolled his eyes at the theatrics and went on his way.

He couldn't help but feel excited, already imagining leaving the weak body he was in and gaining the specimen waiting for him downstairs. He suddenly coughed but just wiped the blood and went on his way.
...............*...............*...............*...............

It was quiet in his cell. almost too quiet. He hated the quiet. Never felt right. He wondered where they had taken Harley. They had been separated when they arrived but judging from what he had seen she probably was in a holding cell somewhere on the floor above. But she would be fine.

But now there was a bigger issue. Boredom. The voice had gone silent again, in fact it hadn't spoken the whole time he was here. He refused to even him as that would break his well cultivated aura of 'nonchalant aloofness'. He would just wait. That's all he could do. Just wait.

Two scientist walked in and one injected him with something, probably a knockout drug, because he found himself drifting off. Well, at least something was happening.

...
...
...

He was being moved down a corridor, still strapped down. He tugged slyly at his binds, almost laughing at how easily it would be to break free. Not yet. He almost sighed.
Not yet.

...
...
...

They brought Y/n to a room and hooked him up to a machine of some kind. The scientists never spoke throughout. He could barely turn his head, enough to make out another gurney. Some one was strapped to it.