19

The Bat family had arrived at Blackgate Prison and had swiftly dispatched the criminals that instead of trying to escape, were roaming the prison yard, beating on the guards they had rounded up. Not that they could escape since the police had surrounded the prison. And now they were ready to enter the prison building, where the really nasty villains and criminals were.

They snuck around the prison, stealthily taking down as many as they could on the upper levels before the came to the ground floor. In a corner of the dining area, a group of convicts holding guns were holding down some of the guards.

In the middle area, more guards were knelt down and Victor Zsasz was walking around with a bloody knife in his hand, giving a grand speech about why they had to die and then stabbing or cutting them in the arms or legs. Not enough to kill them but extremely painful.

Robin clenched his fist when he heard the screams of pain but he focused on his task, heading to the control room. Blackgate had a bunch of securities in place for just such an occasion. The fact that they haven't been activated means that the criminals have disabled them.

There were two armed convicts in front of him, standing with their backs to him. He smirked and dropped down silently from the air vent he was in and tackled one to the ground, rolling off him to kick the legs of the other. Before either could get up he whacked their necks with his katana, knocking them out. He stepped over them and stuck to the wall when he heard voices ahead of him.

Convict 1: Hey, you think Batman's gonna show up?

Convict 2: What's the matter, don't wanna get your ass handed to you again?

Convict 1: I mean.. come on, every time we attempt a breakout, he shows up and beats us to hell and back.

Convict 2: I know what you mean. A cousin of mine is still at Gotham general because of him. Broke his arm in three places.

Convict 1: I know right. I mean at some point, you gotta ask, does he have some kind of fetish or something. Like is he turned on by beating guys like us up.

Convict 2: He's just the worst.

Convict 1: Agreed.

Robin jumped out of the corner and slammed his elbow into one's face and kicked him in the side of his neck then turned to the other one only to see he had knelt down and closed his eyes with his arms stretched towards Robin.

Robin: What are you doing?

Convict 2: Huh?

Robin drew his sword and placed it at the guy's throat, drawing a bit of blood.

Convict 2: Hey, hey, wait... wait.. I'm surrendering. Look man, I get paroled in a couple of weeks. I ain't even gonna be out of my cell if it wasn't for my cellmate. Fucker keeps trying to kill me. So, I'mma lie down here and you gon' slide on by and we both pretend this didn't happen. You feel me?

Robin narrowed his eyes at him then smirked. He sheathed the katana then stepped closer.

Robin: Sure. But first *whacked him over the head with the sword* okay. We're done here.

He run down the hallway till he suddenly jumped back as a blade sliced through the air in front of him. Black Spider tossed the knife in his hand and turned to Robin.

Black Spider: Look at that. The bat's brat all by himself. Would be a fool to igno--

There was a muted pop and a hole appeared in his chest then two more before he fell dead. Robin stood there in shock before running to check on him. He looked around but he couldn't see anything that could have done it. He tapped the comlink in his ear.