Day 42.1

"HAPPY GOTHAM TAKEOVER DAY."

That's what was writing on the banner hanging in living room, with balloons on either end. I could see a serving tray at the far end of the room, with an assortment of food and drinks that made me realize I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon and gulp subconsciously.

I turned my head to the two ladies in front of me holding a cake with big smiles on their faces and I tried to get up but something held me down. Wait. Something held me down.

Y/n: Yo! Get of me, man.

I shrugged Jason off with a bit of hand slapping and unsteadily stood up, halting immediately when I came face to face with the cake. Harley giggled and moved back with it.

Y/n: What's all this? What's going on here?

Harley: What do you mean? Isn't it obvious? We're having a party to celebrate your successful domination of all the parts of Gotham.

I took long look at her innocent and seemingly genuine confused expression before turning to Jason's smirking one.

Y/n: I'mma need an explanation, please and thank you.

Ivy: We. Are. Having. A. Party. For. You.

I glanced back and Jason firmly nodded.

Y/n: But. But I thought Lex..

Harley: Oh I see. Aww my baby was worried for me. Come here and give mommy a hug.

She pounced on me but I sidestepped, gently grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

Y/n: Tell me what happened. Where's the team he sent?

Harley: Sigh. Well they came for us, yeah, but... *I nodded for her to continue when she stopped* come on. Did you really think they would win?

she folded her arms and turned her nose to the sky, her entire being screaming smug.

Harley: We beat the living hell out of them and left them in the basement. It wasn't even a fight.

Y/n: Really?

Harley: Whoa!* I held her chin and scanned her face for any injuries then her arms and body.* Okayy...

She seemed to be alright so I just accepted what she said and let her go.

Y/n: Okay then. Yo, Brian! Get out here!

He limply crept out of Ivy's shadow and stood in front of her while hesitantly twiddling his thumbs.

Brian: H-hey t-there, boss. Sorry about the call. *He flinched when my eyes narrowed.* They made me do it! They said you would understand. R-right, miss Quinn?

She stiffened when I glanced at her and she quickly pointed to Ivy.

Harley: It was her. I'm innocent. It was all her.

Ivy: Some friend you are. *she folded her arms* Yesterday you were feeling down and everything so I thought maybe this would cheer you up.

Y/n: hey, about that...

Ivy: Shhh. Later.

I nodded then I noticed the other red head in the room. Figures she'll be here. She probably told Jason.

Y/n: And I'm gonna guess you knew too.

Batgirl: Yep. You're a bit early but doesn't this place look amazing? It wasn't easy beating up assassins while setting everything up.

Damn. I wanna see that chapter.

Y/n: Y-yeah* clears throat* yeah. It's great. Whose is it anyway?