43.2

Ivy leaned into the microscope, observing the changes the genetically modified fungi were going through. She smiled when they began replicating at a rapid pace. The smile turned into a groan when it suddenly began to die out and disintegrate.

Ivy: Damnit!

She slammed her fist against the counter and leaned against the backrest of her chair. She sighed and rubbed her eyes and temples until she heard footsteps outside the door, followed by a knock.

Y/n: Hey. What's up?

He pushed his head around the door and wiggled his eyes at her and she waved him in. He grinned at her, did a twirl then presented a bouquet of red roses to her.

Y/n: Ta da! A gift for the lady.

Ivy: Aren't you sweet. *She took the bouquet and raised an eyebrow* what's the occasion.

Y/n: Does there have to be one? *Her unbelieving look caused him to laugh and raise his hands in surrender* Okay, you got me. Sorry about yesterday morning.

Ivy: Oh. It's okay.

He sat on the counter and began playing with the equipment, even peeking through the microscope. She stood up and began going through some research documents on the side.

Y/n: No it's not. I shouldn't have done that.

Ivy: Relax kid. I didn't mind it. *She stopped long enough for them to lock eyes and his widened in pleasant surprise.

Y/n: Really now? Then what do you say we pick up were we left off?

Ivy: Sorry too busy right now. *She returned to her work and he clicked his tongue, though when he noticed a slight smile on her face, he jumped up and grabbed the folder out of her hands.

Y/n: Whatcha working on? *Noticed what was on the paper* Fungi?

Ivy: The Wayne research. It's driving me crazy! *he came up to her and led her back to her chair* What are you doing?

Y/n: don't mind me. *he began massaging her shoulders* just enjoy.

He pressed a spot just right and she groaned and all but collapsed, most of her stress leaving her instantly.

Ivy: God damn, that feels good. Ooh a bit lower *he adjusted accordingly* right there.

Y/n: Now, tell me all about this thing thats driving you crazy.

Ivy: It's the food source. The fungi doesn't have enough resources to sustain itself.

Y/n: I thought you said it was going to become a herbicide.

Ivy: Oh that? A fewww *groan* drops of my blood fixed that. But now it's not self sufficient.I'm close I can feel it but... Why did you stop?

Y/n: Just. A. Few. Drops. 

Ivy watched in shock as he pulled out a knife and sliced the side of his arm. He collected the blood into a flask and the beckoned to her. She reluctantly got up, stretching her back and arms as she came to stand by him.

Y/n: There you go. Now try this.

She stared blankly at him but he glanced pointedly at the fungi and she got his meaning. She added a few drops to the fungi and as she waited for something to happen, glanced at his arm to see it still bleeding.

Ivy: Doesn't it hurt?

Y/n: Huh?

Ivy: The arm.

He quickly brought it up and after a brief look of confusion, the arm healed and he gave her a grin. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the fungi that had suddenly filled the dish and was still growing.