Day 18

"Wake the fuck up."

I gasped for air as a bucket of ice cold water splashed on my face. I took in frantic pants while my eyes darted around me, taking in my surroundings. I was strapped into a chair in what looked like an abandoned office. Three guys were spread out around the room and the girl in green was perched on the edge of a desk, eyes staring back from behind her mask.

Merlyn: Good. Took you long enough.

I turned my head slightly to the guy who spoke but didn't say anything and turned back to staring at the girl. I felt a strong punch hit my jaw and my head snapped back. A guy who looked not much older than myself stepped forward.

Idiot: Damn! That felt good.

He punched me again. I took it without a sound. He began laughing while rubbing his knuckles. He didn't notice the girl's fingers inching to her katana.

Idiot: That felt even better. I should have done this hours ago.

Merlyn: That's enough. Stand down.

The first guy stood up from the chair he was relaxing in and nudged the idiot aside. He squatted in front of me and rubbed my jaw lightly.

Merlyn: That was rude of him. But it's understandable, seeing as you killed quite a few of his teammates. And his mentor too.

I glanced briefly at the idiot but he flipped me off then knelt down to work on something.

Merlyn: But that isn't what matters right now is it?

I still said nothing and we stared at each other until he sighed and stood up. He moved behind me and pulled my head back forcefully, attaching wires to my head and putting a gag in my mouth.

Merlyn: I think you know who we are and why we are here. We will do whatever it takes to extract that information, but it doesn't have to be an unpleasant experience for you. Simply tell us where it is and we'll be on our merry way.

Silence. The idiot started to grin and picked up a switchboard from the table next to him. I glanced at the guy who had been standing in the corner quietly watching everything.

Merlyn: Final chance, Y/n. Where is the data?

Silence. I stared intently at the girl, my eyes never once wavering from hers. I tried to relax as I waited for the shock.

Merlyn: Do it.

Idiot: My pleasure.

I jumped in the chair, the current running through temporarily taking my ability to think. My teeth clamped down on the gag as my body twitched and sparked from the electricity. It died down and I coughed as best as I could with the gag on. I looked back up to see the girl still watching me.

Merlyn: Again.

Another flip of the switch and I was having to fight my desire to scream. Just a little bit more, that's all I need. My body strained against my bonds as I tossed and turned.

Merlyn: Stop.*he took the gag out once I settled down.* Where is it. Tell us.

He waited a while and when I didn't say anything he nodded to the idiot. I felt like my skin was on fire and my eyes rolled in the back of my head. The intensity began shifting from high to low, never giving me a moment to rest.

I couldn't handle it anymore and almost screamed but I bit my tongue before that happened. He finally turned it off and I slumped forward, body twitching from the current that went through me. The first guy tilted my head up to look at him. He let go and stepped away.