Day 22

I hooked into the wall by my window and climbed into my room. I pushed the button on my neck and took of my suit with a yawn. After I escorted Batgirl home, I decided to also come back home.

It was tiring work especially for a guy like me who would rather sit at home and play games. I had been up and down most of Gotham, going from one hideout to another beating goons and burning cash and gun stashes. I haven't slept all day and I was almost burned out.

I carelessly tossed the suit into my closet and flopped face first onto my bed almost falling asleep when I felt someone moving next to me. I groaned and tried to nudge them off the bed but they ignored me and hugged me to their chest.

Judging from the size of the pillows I was resting on and that slight scent of floral essence, I could easily tell who it was.

Y/n: Ivy, I need to sleep. Please.

Ivy: Nope. Mommy needs some snuggle time.

Y/n: You do know we aren't dating, right.

Ivy: Does it matter. I need to relax and so do you.

Y/n: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Ivy: If it's stay here just like this until morning, then yeah.

Y/n: Oh. I mean... Okay. That works for me.

Ivy: Aww. Such a cutie.

I smiled and hugged her waist as she began to hum and massage my head. We spent at least an hour like that and I was almost asleep when I heard a sound at the window. I reached into the drawer by the bed and pulled out my drawer gun.

I emptied the mag at the window without looking and put the gun down, snuggling closer when the gunshots faded. Ivy laughed to herself and sat up. I groaned but did the same when someone entered the window.

Batman: Do you have always have to try to kill when we meet?

Y/n: Oh no. No no no. Not now, please. Come back tomorrow. I was finally resting.

Batman ignored me and walked to stand at my door.

Batman: We need to talk. Get dressed.

I sighed and tried to go back to sleep but Ivy dragged me out of bed onto the floor and tossed me my clothes.

Ivy: C'mon. The sooner you get up and listen to what he has to say, the sooner you get to sleep. What's the worst that could happen?

Y/n: Really... *I stared at her incredulously until she shrugged*So you love to tempt fate too huh?

Ivy: Just come out when you're ready.

I eyed her until she left the room then dragged myself to the drawer and took three pills from it. I swallowed them quickly then put on my clothes. I felt the headache return even stronger despite the pills but I ignored it and left the room.

Despite asking for six hours, he has refrained from taking over and has instead gone quiet, yet the headache keep getting worse and the pills barely helping. And that makes me nervous.

Batman turned as soon as I entered the room, his eyes followed me as I walked up to the living room fridge to get a bottle of Mountain Dew. He waited for me to drink it all, burp with a satisfied smile and sit down before he spoke.

Batman: You have been very busy.

Y/n: Eh. *I shrugged.* What can I say. There is a lot to do.

Batman: Yes. Leaving a trail of death and destructive in your wake. Endangering innocents-