19.2

Batman stood straight with his cape covering his whole body. The officers surrounding him weren't sure if what to do. A rookie aimed his gun at Batman but his commander immediately yelled at him to stand down.

Ramirez: But sir, he--

Captain: I said stand down, Ramirez. *He cleared his throat and turned to Batman* What happened?

Batman: Someone wanted to keep Zsasz quiet. I intend to find out who.

Nightwing had just returned after escorting the guards out of the prison. He glanced at the body and frowned.

Nightwing: Wow. I leave for like a minute and this happens. What happened?

Batman: Unknown Drone. I'm going after it.

Before Nightwing could even protest, he called the Batwing and slingshot into the air just as it arrived. Nightwing sighed and turned to the officers that were looking up at the sky. He tapped his comlink and this time the signal went through. He immediately held his ear as Robin screamed into it.

Nightwing: Ow! What the hell is wrong with you?

Robin: Get back! Ha! *Sounds of fighting* Gahh!

Nightwing: Robin, what's going on?

Robin: Nightwing?

Nightwing: Where are you?

Robin: The control room. There are zombies here.

Nightwing: I'm sorry, What!?

Robin: Just get here!

Nightwing quickly ran towards the control room. He got there in time to see Robin get thrown out the door into a wall. He knelt down and helped him up and they both turned to the door.

The guards and criminals stiffly walked out, all of them now Jokerized and groaning while black blood leaked out of the holes in their bodies. They stopped for a second before dashing at the duo with anguished screams. Nightwing frowned and without hesitation threw sticky grenades at each of them. The bombs detonated, blowing up their heads instantly.

They slumped over like ragdolls and Nightwing turned to check on Robin, looking him over for injuries.

Robin: Hey, get off! I'm fine. Even if they are zombies, I didn't get bit.

Nightwing: Just checking. Where did they come from?

Robin: I don't know. I felt a sonic wave and then the dead guards came back to life and attacked me. Where Batman? I couldn't reach him.

Nightwing: He's chasing a drone that might-

Robin: Look out!

he suddenly pushed Nightwing out of the way as a headless zombie came up behind him and tried to swing at them.

Nightwing recovered quickly and kicked it in the chest but it grabbed his leg and slammed him into the wall. It's head had regenerated up to an eye and it tossed him at Robin, who was attacking with the sword raised. He moved to the side, jumped off the wall and sliced it cleanly through down the middle before dismembering it.

Nightwing threw more bombs at the other zombies who were now making their way to them but they all suddenly jumped out of the way and dashed at him with their hands stretched out. Robin passed by and their limbs fell off but the last one dodged his sword strike and punched at him.

Nightwing whacked it on the neck and slid under it, kicking it over onto it's back and Robin tried stabbing at it's heart. Another zombie grabbed his arm before he could but he switched the sword to the other arm and lobbed it's head off. The downed zombies started screaming and their regeneration became even faster as the attacked the duo.