𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

ALEX STAYED CLOSE BESIDE NEWT AS THEY WALKED THROUGH THE CROWD

ALEX STAYED CLOSE BESIDE NEWT AS THEY WALKED THROUGH THE CROWD. They were currently in the outside part of the city, moving toward the big wall that kept them out while looking around at all of the miserable and angry people around them. Jorge sighed, "This place has really gone through hell."

"We just gotta stay together," Thomas told him, and they moved a little faster so that they did not get separated by any of the many people moving through the streets.

"We are the voice of the voiceless!" came a voice, and they all turned to see a car driving past them. There were men in masks and with guns sitting on top of it, and one was yelling into a megaphone. "They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch the rest of us wither and rot! But there are more of us than there are of them. And I say, we rise up and take back what is ours! Let's bring back a victory!"

As the vehicle passed them, one of the men seemed to be staring straight at Alex. Her eyes followed him as he moved, wondering what the hell he was looking at and trying to decide if they should be worried or not. Her attention was shifted away when she heard some people yelling, "Let us in!"

"That's it. That's our way in," Thomas told them, and he jogged over to where a huge crowd was forming about one hundred yards from the wall where there was kind of a blockade.

They were all shouting in hopes that someone would just mercifully open the wall and let them tear apart the city. "Let us in! Let us in! Let us in! Let us in!"

"Thomas! This is not what you're looking for," Jorge told the boy, grabbing his arm before he went any further without them. He raised his eyebrows at him before gesturing to the angry crowd that would probably do anything to get into the city. "All these people trying to find their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?

The boy shook his head as he continued to push through the crowd in an attempt to get to the front. They followed him as he informed them, "Came this far. I'm not turning back now."

"What the hell did we get ourselves into?" Frypan murmured, groaning before following after the boy. People shot them dirty looks as they bumped into them, but if no one was going to move up, they were.