𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"OW!" JEFF EXCLAIMED AS ANOTHER  rock hit his head

"OW!" JEFF EXCLAIMED AS ANOTHER  rock hit his head. Most of the Gladers were standing under the scaffolding, trying to calm the new girl down as she threw rocks down at them. Alex had been hit about three times, but luckily for her, they all hit her arms or her legs. She still had a couple scratches, though.

As they ducked when she threw the next one, landing on top of the board that Winston was using as a shield, Gally yelled up angrily to the girl, "Hey! Throw one more of those things, and I'm—" 

He was cut off by another rock bouncing off of his head as he grunted. The girl next to him began giggling at the timing of it, and then she got hit on the top of her head right after that. Thomas and Minho joined them and began ducking with them. When Alex thought about it, she realized that it probably was not the best way to go about things. 

As she rubbed her head, Newt pointed out, "I don't think she likes us very much."

"That's such an amazing observation, Newt," she commented sarcastically as Winston used his cover to keep her from getting hit. "I never would have figured that out by myself."

"We just wanna talk," Thomas called up to her, but she did not listen to him.

She just kept throwing rocks, successfully hitting people as she shouted, "I'm warning you!"

"God, how many of those shucking things does she have up there? She's gotta run out at some point, right?" Alex questioned. How the hell did this girl gather millions of rocks and carry them up there without a single person noticing?

"Hey, woah, it's Thomas! It's Thomas!" That made the rocks stop, or maybe, she just ran out. She poked her head over the side of the railing before retracting it again,"I'm gonna come up, okay? Okay. Just me. I'm coming up."

They waited for a moment after he climbed up there, but Gally grew impatient and called up. "Hey, what's going on up there? Is she coming down?"

"Listen, you guys just give us a second, okay?" They groaned before retreating and going back to whatever they were doing.

"I don't like her," Gally informed Alex once they got far enough back that they could watch the two talking on top of the scaffolding. The boy was eyeing them suspiciously like he always did when he looked at Thomas.

The girl next to him rubbed her head and winced when she felt a small bump where the rock had hit her. "She threw a rock at my head after I watched her for hours. I'm not very fond of her either."

"It's not just that. Everything's been going wrong ever since he got here. You think it's a coincidence that the first girl to come up in forever knows him?" he said with a loud voice, raising his eyebrows at her before his voice lowered. "It's weird."

"Of course it's weird, but some things are gonna have to change if we ever want to get out of here," she sighed. She knew that they couldn't stay there forever, especially since the Box might not come up ever again, but it was starting to seem like he was not aware of that.

He groaned, "We had a system."

"That wasn't working," she added. The life that they had was good, but it was not helping them get out. Minho had traveled every inch of the Maze. There was no exit, but maybe Thomas had found one.

Gally did not seem to hear what she was saying. He argued, "It kept us alive."

"Well, sometimes I feel like I'd rather die than stay in this shucking place a moment longer," she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. It was true. Despite the very rare great moments, she hated that place sometimes.

His gaze softened a little bit, and she could tell that what she said bothered him. "Don't say that."

"It's true," she replied as she ran a hand through her hair. "God, why do we always have the same shucking conversation? Now, you're right. It's all really suspicious, and I don't trust the girl because she seems like she remembers more than she's supposed to. But I'd rather die trying to get out of the Maze than live here like this forever. I'm getting out of here, and I really hope you decide to come with me."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i'm so sorry for the really short chapter today. i'm just so tired and can't write anymore.

 i'm just so tired and can't write anymore