𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"I SHOULD START PRACTICING MY archery skills on the pigs," Winston offered as he pulled the string back on the bow and released it

"I SHOULD START PRACTICING MY archery skills on the pigs," Winston offered as he pulled the string back on the bow and released it. It stuck about half a foot away from the bullseye, which was surprisingly an improvement from last time.

"And compromise our food?" she questioned with raised eyebrows. There was no way she was letting him ruin their food with his awful archery skills and the dirty arrows. "No way."

He shook his head and explained, "Well, I would hit them in the eye so none of the meat went to waste."

"Like you could hit a pig in the eye," she scoffed, gesturing to the target where his arrow was so far away it would not have even gotten close to the pig. The pig would not even be startled, it was so far away.

He stuck his tongue about at her before picking up another arrow and knocking the arrow. "I think I could. It would be a lot more efficient." No, it would not.

"Shoot a bullseye right now, and I'll give you a bow and arrow to use on pigs," she offered, pointing to the bow in his hands that he was raising to shoot the arrow.

He smiled and nodded slightly, glancing at her smugly as he got ready to fire. "Deal. Prepare to be low a bow in a second." He was about to release the string when yelling in the distance caught their attention.

Their heads whipped in the direction of the yelling, and the distraction caused Winston to let go of the string. His arm was not pointed at the target anymore, so the arrow flew straight past Alex, almost nicking her ear, and stuck in the tree behind her.

She was not really concerned about that, though, so while the boy shot her an apologetic look, she just ran past him and toward the Glade to see what was happening, Winston on her heels. They arrived just in time to see Ben on top of Thomas.

"Hey!" Newt yelled to them, causing the blonde boy on top to look up. Then, he swung the shovel in his hand at his head, knocking him off the Greenie. "Hold him down. Calm down. What are you doing?"

"Calm down, Ben," Gally ordered as Alex and Winston rushed to help them hold down his legs. She watched as he writhed under her fingers, and furrowed her eyebrows. He was not like this.