𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

	ARIS THREW MORE WOOD ON THE FIRE AND SAT DOWN NEXT TO THOMAS AND NICK

ARIS THREW MORE WOOD ON THE FIRE AND SAT DOWN NEXT TO THOMAS AND NICK. They had finally decided to sit down and take a break when night fell, and they were all sitting around a fire. Everyone had been particularly quiet ever since Winston, but Alex had not said a word. Minho had tried to talk to her, but she had just pushed past him and kept walking.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune," Minho muttered to them, and the curly-haired girl remembered what Ava — the blonde lady from the video when they escaped from the Maze and found that room — had said about the rest of the world being infected and them being immune to whatever disease it was.

Teresa sighed from where she was laying on her bag. "Not all of us, I guess."

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us," Newt told them, and Alex nodded. She was not sure why they even believed WICKED in the first place when they had done nothing but lie to them and torture them. They could totally all be not immune to whatever Winston got, and they would never know.

"I never thought I'd say it," Frypan spoke up, causing all of the heads to turn to him curiously, wondering what he was about to say. His eyes remained on the fire, and he looked like he was remembering something from the past. As soon as she noticed that expression on his face, the girl knew what he was going to say. "I miss the Glade."

Everyone fell asleep fairly quickly because of how exhausted they were. Alex wished that she could do the same. It was not because she was not tired because she was definitely tired. She could not stop thinking about Winston, about the Glade, about WICKED, about what would happen if this place that they were looking for was not real. She had so much on her mind that she just could not go to sleep no matter how hard she tried.

"I'm sorry about your friend." Alex was startled by the sudden voice because she was sure that everyone else had fallen asleep. She looked to the side to see Nick leaning on his elbows and looking up at her.

She nodded at him before turning her head back to the fire with a kind of numb expression. She breathed out, "Thanks."

"Were you guys close?" he asked with raised eyebrows as he sat all the way up next to her. When he noticed the hesitant expression on her face, he quickly added, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."