𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THEY PULLED IN FRONT OF A HUGE DARK TUNNEL AND CLIMBED OUT OF THE CAR

THEY PULLED IN FRONT OF A HUGE DARK TUNNEL AND CLIMBED OUT OF THE CAR. Thomas had the bright idea to go through it, and they all turned to him with raised eyebrows. Fry and Alex inspected the entrance to the tunnel as Newt looked at his leader of a friend. "You want us to go in there? I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be."

"I don't think we have much of a choice," the other boy answered, and he had a point. There did not seem to be a way around the tunnel, and that was the only way to get to the city that Thomas had found on the map. It seemed like there were going to have to suck it up and just go through.

The blonde boy sighed, knowing that he was right and started walking back toward the car, gesturing them to follow him. "All right. I get shotgun."

"Well, here we go," Thomas muttered from beside Alex. Frypan was driving, leaving the other two in the back. They were all leaning forward, though, looking through the darkness in search of anything moving or any hazards along the way that could potentially leave them stranded in the middle of a very long, dark tunnel.

Alex nodded, patting her driving friend on the shoulder in an attempt to reassure him. He seemed really freaked out and nervous about driving in the dark with their mostly broken headlights. "Yeah, just take it nice and slow."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas yelled, and Alex looked up to see a Crank standing in their way, slighty illuminated by the dim light. It had black blood dripping down its face, and all of its features were distorted. "It's okay. It's just one, so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine. Take it slow. Take it slow."

All of a sudden, a hand slapped on Thomas's window, causing him to jump back, almost into Alex's lap. A face of a woman appeared, and she looked dead. She sobbed, "Please. Please. Help me. Please. Please! Let me in."

"Okay. Fry, we gotta go. You need to go right now! Just floor it, Fry!" the boy yelled as more Cranks began coming toward them. One was at each of their windows, and there was more to come. They needed to get out of there now. No time for slow and steady.

They all yelped as one jumped onto the hood of the car and stared at them threw the window as it screamed. They all jumped back, and Fry started going crazy with the car partly because of fear and partly because he could not see past the creature. "Come on, Fry, shake him!"