𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"OKAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO," THOMAS URGED THEM ONCE THEY HAD ALL GOTTEN FREE

"OKAY, LET'S GO, LET'S GO," THOMAS URGED THEM ONCE THEY HAD ALL GOTTEN FREE. Alex pulled the rope off from around her ankles so that she could stand up, but she shoved the rope into her bag in case they needed it later. She swore that Teresa had something against her because when the girl was helping everyone down, she did Newt and then walked right past Alex to help Aris. The cult-haired girl might have just been being paranoid, though, because she could not think of any reason why the girl would not like her. She was not the biggest fan of the girl, but she did not dislike her. Maybe she was just crazy and Teresa just thought that someone else was going to get Alex down.

She glanced up, and her eyes widened when she saw a man pointing his gun straight at Thomas's head. She glanced at the boy that was helping Frypan up and realized that he did not notice the guy with the weapon. She spoke up to warn him, "Thomas..." The boy looked up at her, and she pointed to the man. He whipped around, everyone else following his lead, and they all put their hands up quickly.

"We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here," Thomas told him, but Alex did not think that the guy was going to allow that. It was the same man that had asked Jorge what he was doing when he was talking to the hanging teenagers earlier.

"Is that so?" the man mused before pulling out a radio and speaking into it with a sneer. "Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us." Damn it. That little snitch, Alex thought, rolling her eyes. He put the radio back in his pocket and gestured to the group with his gun. "Come on. Let's go." No one moved, and that made him even more mad. "I said let's go."

Thomas then lunged for the guy, grabbing the gun and pointing it at the ceiling when he pulled the trigger so that it did not hit any of them. The guy was startled, but he fought. He fell back into a table of supplies for a second, but he got up quickly, regaining his composure and pointing it at them once again.

"That worked. Great job, Thomas," Alex muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes and causing the boy to glare at her and some of the others to shoot her a look, letting her know that she was not helping their situation. To be fair, Thomas also did not help their situation by making the guy mad, but at least his actions had a possibility of helping.