𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" Chuck exclaimed when Thomas finally woke up after stinging himself

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" Chuck exclaimed when Thomas finally woke up after stinging himself. A couple days had passed, and it was the day that he and Teresa were going to be Banished.

The boy in the blue shirt sat up when he realized that it was not just Teresa in his presence. Newt, Minho, Chuck, and Alex were there as well. He questioned with furrowed eyebrows. "What happened."

"Gally's taken control," the girl above him outside of the Pit informed him, glancing around quickly to make sure that the boy they were talking about did not hear their plan or theories. "He said we had a choice. Either join him... or get Banished at sundown with you."

"And the others agreed to that?" Thomas asked, and it was clear that he did not really understand how much people tried to avoid getting Banished because it was a terrible death by Grievers and running.

Teresa sighed, looking at the ground. "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened."

"Well, he's been right so far," the boy told them, causing all of their jaws to job in conclusion. What the hell did that mean? Because it did not seem like anything good.

Minho was bewildered along with the rest of them. "What are you talking about?"

"This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test," Thomas explained to them. "It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork."

"Sending them to the Maze?" Newt guessed.

Thomas nodded, as he crouched down on the ground next to the bed that he had been laying on. Teresa took a seat on it instead, taking his place. He replied, "Yeah, but no all of us."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked him with raised eyebrows. Now was not the time for him to be so cryptic. They needed really straightforward answers for this.

"Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you have been here, I was on the other side of it," he announced before turning to Teresa. So were you. Teresa, we did this to them."