𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

ALEX GASPED LOUDLY RIGHT BEFORE the first bomb dropped

ALEX GASPED LOUDLY RIGHT BEFORE the first bomb dropped. She had seen the aircrafts just before they shot a missile out of it. It landed right in the middle of the camp and set a very large area of land on fire. Minho grabbed Alex's arm and pulled her up. He let go and gestured for everyone to follow him. Alex yelled, "Come on, come on!"

"Where's Thomas?" Minho questioned when they got down to the bottom. They ducked behind a couple of barrels as a bunch of WICKED soldiers ran past them. He spotted Vince standing on the bed of a truck and Harriet beside him. They were shooting at some of the WICKED men. Minho called to them. "Vince! Harriet!"

"Come on! Over here!" Harriet shouted when she spotted them.

Once they sprinted over to the truck and joined the two, Frypan questioned, "How can we help?"

"You need to cover us! Hey! Do you know how to use this thing?" he asked Minho, but he did not wait for an answer before handing him the gun in his hand as Harriet passed out the other guns to the rest of the Gladers. "Cover me! This fifty's our only chance!" They continued to shoot at the men while Vince did whatever the hell he was doing.

"Vince, hurry up!" Newt yelled to him because they were starting to run out of ammo.

Frypan was the first one to do so. He held up his gun and clicked it as no bullets came out. Alex continued to shoot at the soldiers. "I'm out!"

"Look out!" the girl warned as one of the men chucked some object at them. He landed in the bed of the truck and rolled slowly to hit Vince in the foot. Alex's eyes widened when she realized that it was some sort of bomb. "Shit!" Then, electricity shot through all six of the people on the truck, and they all fell the ground weakly

"B-4. A-4. A-6. B-3," was what Alex heard as she opened her eyes. She was kneeling in between Newt and Minho, and a guard was going down the line, scanning the back of their necks, and calling the numbers out. When he got to Alex, he read, "A-7."

Janson was standing in front of them, looking around at the group as he spoke to one of the men. He furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed the person missing, someone that was probably vital to whatever they were doing. "Where's Thomas?"