𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"NOW, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON out there?" Newt questioned as Thomas and Minho came running out of the Maze and toward them

"NOW, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON out there?" Newt questioned as Thomas and Minho came running out of the Maze and toward them. The Gladers had no clue what was happening, but they had heard the Maze shifting and a little bit of yelling. 

As the two kept walking, a bunch of people crowded around them. Gally raised his eyebrows in question, waiting for the Greenie to have done something wrong so that he could gloat. "What the hell you done now, Thomas?"

"We found something, a new passage," the boy in the blue shirt informed them, causing Alex's eyes to widen. She had gone a while now thinking that there was no way out because of what Minho had told her. Now, there was hope. "We think it could be a way out."

"Really?" the girl asked in shock. That was most certainly news.

Minho nodded, glancing at her with a small smile. "It's true. We opened a door, something I'd never seen before. I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day."

"Wait! You're saying you found the Grievers' home?" Chuck quizzed in confusion. Why the hell would they want to go to a place infested with the things that were trying to kill all of them? "And you want us to go in?"

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck," Thomas pointed out hopefully. He had a good point. The Grievers had to come from somewhere, and they had to go somewhere during the day. So, that hole led to a place that was not the Maze or the Glade. It might be worse, but it may be better.

Gally scoffed, rolling his eyes and finding some stupid excuse to argue. "Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side. The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he has done, as usual."

"Yeah, at least I did something, Gally," the other boy challenged, turning around to face the Keeper of the Builders. "I mean, what have you done? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time?"

"Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here three days, all right? I've been here three years!" he yelled, telling them of something all of them were aware of already. Alex just sighed, knowing that this was not going to end well. Why did Gally have to be like this?