𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"JEFF, WHAT'S GOING ON?" Newt questioned as he, Minho, Thomas, and Alex walked into the Med-jack hut to where Jeff was tending to the unconscious girl

"JEFF, WHAT'S GOING ON?" Newt questioned as he, Minho, Thomas, and Alex walked into the Med-jack hut to where Jeff was tending to the unconscious girl. "What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey, man, I got my job the same way you did," the boy informed him with a shrug, telling them that he had absolutely no clue why she would not wake up or why she just woke up for a second.

The blonde boy looked over to Thomas who was staring at the girl with an unreadable expression. He raised his eyebrows as he asked, "Well, do you recognize her?"

"No," the brunette boy replied, shaking his head.

"Really?" Newt did not seem convinced. Alex had to admit that it was a bit weird that the one girl that came up in the Glade for three years just happened to know Thomas when none of the rest of them remembered anything about their lives before and who they knew. "'Cause she seemed to recognize you."

The awake girl shrugged before suggesting, "Maybe it was a different Thomas." They all just deadpanned at her, causing her to fall silent again and look down at the ground.

"What about the note?" the Greenie quizzed, and Alex just recalled that there even was a note. She had been so focused on the girl and why she knew Thomas that she forgot about their biggest problem.

The second-in-command sighed, "Yeah, we'll worry about the note later."

"I think you should worry about it now," the other boy let him know, and he had a good point. They really needed a plan before everyone started to freak out.

The blonde boy glared at him and gestured to the girl and Alby who was moaning in the other room. "We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

"He's right, Newt. If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?" Alex piped in, causing all of them to look at her in a bit of shock. It was unlike her to agree with a Greenie over a fellow leader. 

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody has gotta have some answers around here," Newt breathed out before nodding to her. "Alex, you're a girl."